Tattoo's

extern14

Tattoo's  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kari,

I have promised my 15 year old when he turns 18 we will both go in and get a tatt! I'll need that long to decide on what to get! LOL!!

KC

PS- Kari is my real name. Everyone calls me KC but it's always nice to see someone with my spelling! ;)

Kari,

That is very funny. Good for you. I would get something that means a great deal to you. I have been a Mickey Mouse fan since I was 5 (now 30) so I have a tattoo of Mickey Mouse. I would highly suggest that you do put thought into it because you do want it to be special. Start looking online at designs. Think about some of your favorite sayings or quotations. It's fun, really! I love mine. I look at it everyday and smile! Thanks for responding.

I'm old. I associate tattoos with beer bellied old men who served during WWII. Not an appealing image.

It's def. not for everyone! ;)

I got a tattoo about 20 years ago of a dolphin jumping through a sickle moon with a couple of stars around it. It's small, and on my inner left ankle. That way, I can hide it if need be. About 6 years ago, when I found out I was allergic to my eye makeup, I had eyeliner tattooed on. It's very nice to go out and at least have some kind of 'make-up' on my face, because unless it's a special event, I don't wear any. TIP: Don't put your tattoo on any hard, bony area if you can avoid it. Youch.

Cheers,

Jana

Another Kari (although not my real spelling)- I'm 36 and if I got a tattoo my Mom and Dad would cry!

I hope I live to be old and tats are not cute on little old ladies!

You have to have the personality to carry them off...I don't.

I do have an Eeyore jibbit on my crocs though...I kind of think of him as my shoe tat!

I got a tattoo about 20 years ago of a dolphin jumping through a sickle moon with a couple of stars around it. It's small, and on my inner left ankle. That way, I can hide it if need be. About 6 years ago, when I found out I was allergic to my eye makeup, I had eyeliner tattooed on. It's very nice to go out and at least have some kind of 'make-up' on my face, because unless it's a special event, I don't wear any. TIP: Don't put your tattoo on any hard, bony area if you can avoid it. Youch.

Cheers,

Jana

I would LOVE to have the tattoo-eye liner. My hands shake, making applying it none too easy, yet I don't feel fully "made up" without it. I know someone who had it done, and for her, the only downside was that it seemed to fade quite a bit after a year or so. Have you had this happen with yours?

No, mine hasn't faded at all. I gave it to myself as a present when I finished my grad degree. Actually, now that I think about it, it's been 8 years! If you decide to do it, just make sure it's at a very reputable place. I went with a grayish color, so it's dark enough but not glaringly black.

Cheers,

Jana

HA HA Jana! Mine is also hidden on my lower left stomach. Although, I do have the itch for another one. Like the idea of waiting to see about the logo contest though! That is a thought!

Another Kari (although not my real spelling)- I'm 36 and if I got a tattoo my Mom and Dad would cry!

I hope I live to be old and tats are not cute on little old ladies!

You have to have the personality to carry them off...I don't.

I do have an Eeyore jibbit on my crocs though...I kind of think of him as my shoe tat!

Perhaps that is the difference - I do not think I will live to be old! ;) Nor do I want to. We shall see how Mickey looks around 50 though! :)

Hate to be a downer, but I have 5 and they are THE BIGGEST REGRETS OF MY LIFE!! Uuuggghhh...I hate them! I loved them until I got pregnant, then when I had a lot of appointments / check-ups, I started feeling so embarressed and ashamed of them. Once my baby was born it changed my perspective on so many things, and now I see them differently and I really wished I hadn't got them.

Dont get me wrong, I dont look down on other people who have them, I just dont like them on myself anymore. I feel like they make me look dirty and cheap, even though you cant see most of them...lucky because I have a huge one all down my ribs.

In Poland (I'm Polish) the only people who used to get tattoo's were jail people, or just rough-nuts, and that has stuck in the minds of a lot of older Polish people, so when they see people with tattoo's they associate them with those types of people. My poor mum...:)

I have 4 tattoos. One on my lower back of 7 dasies, a butterfly on my pelvic bone (yeah that looked great during pg...lol) UNDER the butterfly is a heart that had to be covered up ;) , and I have the sacred heart on my left outer thigh. I would LOVE to have angel wings done on my back. My hubby HATES my tattoos though. You cant see any of them unless I show you, but he deems them trashy on women. ah well...I like them ;) They are addicting

~Kelli

• 3 weeks later...

I have 4 tattoos... A Vulcan IDIC on my left shoulder bladeVulcanIDIC.jpg, and icthus (a fish) on my right bicep, a tattoo of the word "serenity" on the side of my left foot (and for the S, I had it replaced with a treble clef), and the most painful one, on my right foot, I have a scroll with "Jesus the Messiah" written in Hebrew.

Though I don't really regret them (actually, I don't regret them at all), at least two of them I wish that I had waited a bit more before I got them. I would like to get a couple more, but after the reaction of some folks at church to my tats (not to me, though), I will have to have a sign fall from the sky before I would get another one. I do want to get an Immaculate Heart an a Byzantine Icon of the Theotokos somewhere... but I'll hold off on that for a few years.

I love removable ones. at my granddaughter 5th birthday the grownups had more of the party tattoos on them than the kids. They were in a great book full of them from Target. I want my own book!!!! ; ) So, we can ask silly questions?