New Chronic Disease!

I guess I now have Crohn's disease. Well, I mean I had it before, but now I have an official diagnosis.

Fun times! Yay! I love chronic diseases! Clap, clap, clap.

Sorry. I'm just annoyed. I HATE taking medications, and now I get a new one -- Lialda. I'm hoping it will help reduce the bathroom trips.

At least the doctor was really nice. She knew about POTS and told me the name of a cardiologist she really likes in the same office who she said treats POTS. So that would be convenient.

I'll stop whining now. Sorry.

Amy (Mrs. Burschman)

Crohns is pretty serious, and you have every reason to be MORE then annoyed.

Thankfully your prescription is covered, I can't imagine the poor soul diagnosed with crohns who can't affort this or doesn't have prescription coverage.

I feel very fortunate to have prescription coverage, but not all have great coverage.

Sending you a BIG HUG for having to dealing with yet another diagnosis.

Maxine :0)

I'm sorry to hear that you have Crohns, but at least it's relatively treatable, right?

Don't be too surprised by the cost, I use Tegaderm on my ostomy, which is nothing but stretchy packing tape, and it's $180 a box! Everything is so overpriced because the companies making it want the highest profit margin, and tend to assume that insurance will cover it. Ugh.

Alicia--yes, that is what Jordan Rubin had. I read his book, "The Maker's Diet" about 5-6 years ago, and he had Crohn's for years. Then he changed his diet and healed. He ate all the living foods and no processed foods. It was amazing his pictures from before and after.

Mrs. Burschman--there is hope, possibly, and it's through diet. Did any doctors talk about what to eat or avoid?

No. Regular medicine says its very individualized -- what helps and hurts eating-wise.

First goal is get this current flare-up controlled so I'm not dashing off to the bathroom all the time. Might look at the diet later. But honestly, I'm MORE than a bit skeptical of miracle cures. Sorry. Especially when they come with the words: "His quest for answers concluded with a visit to a California nutritionist who simply told him he was not healthy because he was not following God’s plan."

Um. Yeah.

Amy

Sorry to hear that you have another diagnosis to add to the list! But, I am glad that you got some answers for your symptoms, and that there are treatments to try and decrease your symptoms. If this becomes more under control then maybe you will feel less POTSy, which is a good thing!

I hope that this continues to lead to answers, treatment, and healing for you!

<_<

Dear Amy,i know how you feel!!I'm so frustrated whenever i am told that something new has come up...and it's always something that stays with me for a long long time.You have every right to complain and we're here for moral support.I hope you'll find the strength to deal with that too.Sending you a big hug of encouragement.

Take care

Elena

Dear Amy,i know how you feel!!I'm so frustrated whenever i am told that something new has come up...and it's always something that stays with me for a long long time.You have every right to complain and we're here for moral support.I hope you'll find the strength to deal with that too.Sending you a big hug of encouragement.

Take care

Elena

Amy, I totally understand the skepticism. I've forked out enough money from my own pocket looking for "alternative" cures that didn't work. The only reason I personally believe in the whole foods eating plan for Crohn's is that we are farmers that farm sustainably, and one of our meat customers started buying meat from us, as her son-in-law had been diagnosed with Crohns. He was a strapping, college football player that had to take time off because of his health going down hill. She had researched and read about "whole" foods diet plans that don't irritate the colon. He started eating the "whole" foods, and a year later, she said he was well and back playing football.