Open Invitation To Visit Florida

maggie

Hey Chat Forum Members,

I have an invitation to all those on this forum who are having difficulties with any form of dysautonomia. I live in Fort Myers Florida and my house is on ten acres, which includes a self standing guesthouse. The guesthouse is completely self contained with walk in shower, queen size bed, and full kitchen. I also have an electric wheel chair that you may use while here and if you're really feeling good you can ride around the area with my recumbent bike. I know many of you cannot travel and I'm sorry you can't take advantage of this opportunity, but to those who can travel my house is open to you. I live about 15 minutes from town and about 45 minutes from the beaches. You can relax by my pool, not heated, or take a nap on our hammock under the palm trees. The weather here is so nice now maybe some of you would like to escape the cold gray winter days. I hope some of you can take advantage of this and come and see us in sunny Florida. The only thing I ask is that you rent a car while here. I'm only 20 minutes from Fort Myers International Airport. If you should only want to stay by us and not rent a car we can pick you up from the airport and bring you back.

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

I am in Tampa and was wondering which doctor you were seeing in Florida. I see doctor Zia all the way in KY, because I don't have insurance right now and he has very reasonable rates for people without insurance. Do you have a general practitioner who knows about POTS?

Thanks,

Margarita

Margarita,

I see a neruo in Sarasota. I'm his first pots patient but he has a friend who works in neurology at Mayo Rochester. If he runs into questions he just calls his friend and gets the answer. He doesn't take my insurance, but he also reasonable. My primary dr knows nothing about pots and is too busy to even try to help. I haven't seen him since I have gotten pots, my neuro takes care of all my medicals probelms.

Maggie

Wow Maggie, what an absolute gracious offer. I do get sad, and more symptomatic when it's cold & grey.

I'd LOVE to come. I haven't flown for at least 4 years. Not sure how it would effect me. Would this offer include my husband and our 5 year old? We don't have anyone we could leave him with, and I'd feel guilty leaving my husband home. :rolleyes:

Notgivinup,

It's not a problem having your husband and son coming. The purpose of offering this invitation to those of us with medical issues is to get away with our family members to relax and try to refresh out lives. Will find something for your five old to sleep on during your stay here. With ten acres fenced in your son can run around to his hearts content. My pool is not fenced so that would be a concern for you and your husband, you would need to keep an eye on him so that he wouldn't get into it without supervision. The pool is a beach walk in so it would be very easy for your son to get into the pool. I hope you take advantage of our offer.

Maggie

Potsgirl,

With my husband's job he only gets the day of the holiday off, so the holidays are not a problem to have people come and stay. We have worked out with our children to spend the holidays before or after the actual holiday so that they can be with the other side of their spouses on holidays. I know David is a teacher so he would have off then. Please feel free to come during the holidays.

Maggie

You are so generous. Since I just "survived" my trip to the UK, your invitation sounds wonderful and doable. (I'm in Maryland.) I'll ask my husband. Are there some good places to eat around there, or a kitchen area where we could fix some stuff?

God bless you for your offer.

ETA: Silly me. I did not see the part about the kitchen. That's even more inviting, since I prefer home-cooked meals as opposed to "eating out".

Futurehope,

For all you Cracker Barrel fans we have one just down the street maybe ten minutes away! The rest of the resturants are closer to town about 15 to 20 minute drive. Hope to see you and your husband. We have two grocery stores about ten minutes away as well for those of you who would rather eat in. The guesthouse has a wrap around porch so you can have your meals inside or out on the porch. I'm hoping to share my little piece of heaven.

Maggie

HOW KIND OF YOU!

JUST WHAT WE NEEDED AROUND HERE!

KINDNESS GOES A LONG, LONG, WAY!

BELLAMIA~

What a nice offer!! Thanks so much for thinking of all of us who could use a little get away!! Hard to travel with 4 kids but If I ever get a get away pass I'll keep this in mind!!

Thanks!

Brye