Ears Popping & Feeling Full When Standing

ana_22

Yesterday i ventured out into a department store. Everything was going as well as could be....but then after of about 15 mins walking around my ears started getting really full and popping and i felt i had to constantly yawn to open them up.

At home it continued and at times felt as if there was a balloon being blown up in my head and trying to escape through my ears (awful way of trying to describe it i know!!!) but thats how the pressure feels.

does anyone experience this?

Yes! This is something new that has just come up with my second crash. It doesnt happen when I'm walking around, but as soon as I stand still both my ears fill with pressure . Once I start moving again it clears up. It feels similar to when they are blocked, but I cant seem to pop them by yawning or opening my mouth.

It actually hasnt happened to me for about a week or so now.

Did your check your BP? I have gotten this as a reaction to taking midodrine and increasing my BP above what my body is used to.

~ Broken_Shell :(

Usually when mine are fuller than full and acting up I need to be upped on my thyroid med. Mine HYPO and I', all thrown off till it's bumped upped a tiny notch.

~BellaMia~

• 4 years later...

Ear fullness and nasal congestion was one of my first weird symptoms of POTS. Was first thought both were a mixture of my TMJ and possibly allergies playing up but then either issue has never affected me to that extent in the past where it would distract me from what I am doing at the time. Occasionally I also get a quick ringing in my ear that usually goes away in a few seconds but leaves me feeling a little strange/lightheaded. Haven't noticed that these are exacerbated on standing as I can get them when I am sat up as well but everything does get a bit worse in an upright position anyway.

I experience ear fullness often, especially with migraines. Sometimes it will get worse in one ear and reminds me of having water in my ear, like after swimming. That's a really strange feeling, so luckily it doesn't last long when it does happen. I've noticed my dizziness generally seems worse when I have the ear pressure and its there whether I'm standing or sitting.