I'm Now Single

marni4u

Just wanted to let you all know everything went as planned on Monday. Can't believe it was over in 5 minutes. I guess dissolutions go quicker than a divorce.. 3 years over in 5 minutes--makes your head spin. Been nursing a bad migraine and just a blah feeling since then--guess all the stress just caved me in. It's a little better today so hopefully I'll be able to get thru the rest of the week. I took a vacation day Friday since I'll be moving over the weekend to my new little place. Thank God my parents will be coming down to help and, the company will do me good I think. Maybe help get me out of this depressed state I'm in right now or, at least help it.

Once I get settled in the new place I want to start looking for a new Doc. I should have done this 2 months ago but, with everything else on my plate I just had to put it on hold.

I really need to either get my migraine meds adjusted or try something different cause it's really not working that great. Any suggestions?

Also, thank you all for such wonderful support during this difficult time for me. Words just cannot express my gratitude. You just can't imagine what it has meant to me.

marni

[hugs] For the migraines, I'm on Topiramate 50mg (this can cause some funky side effects, but the help can be worth it) and also Propranolol 80mg (because the blood pressure was causing them, so they had to fix that) so you could ask your doctor about those. They would start you small, probably. The Topamax\Topiramate is known to cause vision disturbances, a funny taste in the mouth, crazy bad thirst (more than the dysfunction), and weight loss (which I'm so not complaining about, this is what its used for in some cases! It makes it so you can only eat small meals.).

Nothing over the counter works anymore.

Good luck with the move, hun~! [hugs again]

Take a deep breath--and if you can, try to look at this as a new adventure... maybe a better life than you had before is in your future. You never know!

Also, how wonderful that your parents are there for you to lean on and to provide you with assistance. That must be a HUGE relief.

Hugs and as much cheerleading and listening as you need...

Nina

Marni- I wish you well with your fresh start. I know that platitudes can be really annoying esp. when you don't feel well. But you have a lot of people here rooting for you and thinking of you. I hope that helps. Enjoy the time with your parents. It sounds like they really "have your back". My annoying quote about your ex "good riddance to bad rubbish" and just think.. you won't have to deal with those in-laws.. think of how much better holidays can be.

Anyway consider yourself hugged and know you are being prayed for during this painful time- Kayjay

Marni,

I am sending you a hug of support and strength to start this new chapter of your life. I know that we can only do so much, but please know that those of us on the forum are here to support one another. Regarding the migraines, what are you currently taking that has not been working? Keep in mind that a stress headache is different than a migraine and might respond to different treatments too.

Hugs Some More, Broken_Shell :o

Marni, my heart breaks for you. Truly. I've been there and hate it. My ex divorced me after almost 25 years of marriage. He left me at my sickest and just remarried last month to someone much younger and whom he had worked with.

It's still overwhelming for me. At 50 to have to start over and not feeling well to boot. Whatever happened to in sickness and in health?/

I feel your pain and loss. People keep telling me to get over it, but that's easier said than done.

Feel free to PM me and we can chat.

I wish I could say I have a supportive family, but besides my daughters whom have left the nest, I have no one.

I never knew anything could hurt so bad.

Take care of yourself and please do PM me.

Hugs,

Rene

Marni,

Try to face each day as it comes. Its a lot easier then worrying about the future and beating yourself up over the past.

All 3 of which I do and I know what feels best. :(

I do think tho that there should be a time to mourn the lost of your partner and dreams you might have had with him. But that should not include any

negativity about yourself.

good luck

I speak for many others when I say, "We're here for you!"

I guess maybe one "benefit" of dysautonomia is that we're all survivors. You'll get through this. I believe in you!

I find that Midrin works best for my migraines, but it's so individual. At least there are a lot of options. Let's hope that once things settle down, so will your aching head!

Amy