Sensitive Ears

ana_22

hi,

i have developed a new symptom,

my ears have become quite sensitive only not to loud noises. its the little noises that seem to bother them. like i could hear the door opening down stairs and my left ear will prick up and kind of have a small stab of pain.

can anyone relate? does anyone have any ideas what could cause this? could this be a nerve thing?

its quite annoying and has the potential to become quite painful.

thanks for your input/suggestions!

hope everyone is as well as they can be xxx

hello ana,

i can totally relate. Sometimes little noises make me feel real dizzy and disorientated. Sometimes when a little tiny noise gets into my ears it makes me feel like being on a rollercoaster. When i can locate where the noise comes from (after a little while) then it gets better and finally goes away.

take care

carinara

I have this problem, too. It varies in severity from day to day (sometimes hour to hour). I think its just another dysautonomia thing. Sometimes I have sensory overload and sounds (especially loud ones, drums, or too many different noises all at once) are overwhelming. Sometimes it is also painful.

I also have times when small sounds (like a coin dropping into a tray) is painful. I first noticed this when I was working at a grocery store back in 2002. When I would count down my till at the end of my shift there would be a painful echo in my ear every time I dropped a coin into the pile.

I don't have any suggestions other than to make sure that you're managing your health as best you can and getting enough rest. When I get over tired my sensory overload gets worse. Rest is the biggest help.

Rachel

Yeah i can also relate. As well as POTS I sometimes get migraines where this symptoms is amplified. Infact a lot of the symproms I get from POTS I used to get as part of an aura before a migraine headache - now i just get them a lot more and without the headache. Yet another symptoms of sympathetic overactivity and possible vein dilation of the brain.