Update On Amy

Hi everyone,

For those of you who remember Amy and her husband Mark and young son Blake, here is an update on her condition:

Amy has not been able to get online for a while now. She has very bad neuropathy and has lost the ability to use one foot correctly. She is currently in the hospital and having a very rough go of it because she cannot stand up without passing out. Unfortunately the doctors do not think she will ever be able to stand again. Amy not only has POTS, but she also has two tick borne illnesses-Lyme Disease and Babesia. She is trying to adjust to a wheel chair and will be sent to a care facility to learn how to get along in the chair.

Amy has volunteered with DINET for several years. She most recently coordinated our t-shirt fundraiser. This is a very rough time for Amy. She really could use some cheering up right now, and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could show your support and send cards to her at:

Amy Vanderkamp

PO Box 214

Prarie City, IA 50288

Thank you,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the update.

To Amy,

I am sorry you are having such an ordeal. I was in that situation last year, in the hospital and fainting every time I stood up. I was bedridden for 3 months and the doctors gave up on me. I pleaded with them to rehab me and they accepted. It took 9 months to be able to take my shower again without fainting and I can now walk without fainting. Never give up. You can be a medical mystery also!

I am sorry to read of Amy's struggles Michelle..thanks for the update.

I will send thoughts and prayers to help her, the doctors treating her and her family as they cope with the changes they all face.

Sometimes it sounds so trite to say such things but sometimes, it's all we can do ...

Sophia

Thanks for the update--- :lol:

Amy, you will be in my thoughts and prayers, amd I hope you will be able to stand again.

Ernie, I know you have had some horrible times, and it's a miracle you can walk now.

Amy, it's so nice to know you have a lot of support behind you. I know this helps in the recovery process.

Ernie is proof that miracles can happen------- :huh:

Continue to keep the faith.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

• 1 month later...

Oh Amy, sorry that you're back in the hospital... it must be hard, I can only imagine. I will be thinking positive thoughts on your behalf. Know that many here are thinking of you and sending you our collective energies to help you to feel well enough to go home again.

Nina

I spoke to Amy last night. She wanted me to thank all of you who sent cards and well wishes. She said that each card brightened her day and gave her something to smile about.

Amy will most likely be in the hospital for a while longer, and then she will need to go into a rehab unit. Right now she cannot sit up without fainitng.

Michelle

Thanks for the update, Michelle. I have been home for a while because I caught a terrible cold, but I am planning to send the card on Friday and I am glad to know that she will get it on time to send my support to her.

Love,

Tessa

Wishing her a soon recovery, sending my best thoughts and prayers her way.