Rachel And Lalalisa

Rachel

Lisa and I went to the fair together this week. We had fun seeing the exhibits and watching the tiger show. Our husbands were wonderful and pushed us around in our chairs wherever we wanted to go. :D

Here is a picture of us in front of the fountain and the welcome sign, which ended up being covered by the fountain, but it says, "Welcome to the Kentucky State Fair." (If you've ever wondered what a cooling vest looks like, I'm wearing one in the picture.)

Rachel

108fj7.jpg

I just want to tell you how nice that picture is and i think it is great that you could do things with someone who has what you have. I dont have anyone around me that i know who has pots so that is great that you have eachother. And that is wonderful that you have great husbands to push you around. Hang on to them. Good guys like that are hard to find. Thanks for the smiles.

Hey Rachel,

I'm SO glad you have moved to Louisville! It's great having you here and I look forward to getting to know you better. Thanks for posting our picture. =)

The fair was lots of fun!

Lisa

Yes, we are very blessed to have such great guys in our lives.

Desiree, have you ever tried the DINET Meet Others program? Other than my sister, everyone I know who has dysautonomia I met through DINET. Some friends I met on the forum, others I met throught the Meet Others program. There might not be anyone in your same town, but maybe you could meet some people who are in your same state.

Lisa, I'm glad to be here too! It is so neat how everything worked out, and through DINET I already had a friend waiting in Kentucky for me. :)

Rachel

I agree with Rachel,

The Meet Other Program is really neat. I've had some friendships through email that have been huge blessings to me because of the program.

Lisa

get the picture?

No, I might need a diagram or cheat sheet. :)

Speaking of cooling vests, Rachel, how long do they last for you? I've been thinking about using it to help with my overheating at night, but I doubt they're meant to be used as such.

Rachel and Lisa!

What a great picture and I'm so glad you got to go on an outing together...must be nice to be together and just 'get' everything the other needs/is going through in the POTS department when going to such an event!

It's so amazing how you two found each other and you had someone in KY waiting for you, Rachel. I know it is a huge move to make to begin with, but it's made extra hard with all of the health issues.

I have been thinking about you since the move and hoping you had been able to move off of the couch after all of that exhaustion...and voila! here's a pic of an outing! Yeah!

Take care to both of you!

Emily

Cameron,

The cooling vests are designed to last for two hours at 100 degrees F. They last longer at cooler temperatures. The cooling packs freeze (at 62 degrees), and so they are hard. If you were to lie down to sleep while wearing the vest then it would be pretty uncomfortable. There is a cool pad, however, that you could lay over yourself like a blanket. Perhaps that would help. You can find it at Cool Sport. Just click on the "Cooling Accessories" tab.

Rachel