What Do Your Fingernails Look Like?

Hello,

Mine are usually quite purple - especially near the base of the nail. I'm guessing I have poor circulation to my extremities as my feet and hands are always cold.

Take care,

Lisa

it seems that some people are replying about their actual nails whereas others are referencing their nailBEDS (under their nails). nail health/ condition is more often related to nutritional issues/ deficiencies. nailBED color/ health is more often a circulatory issue. these are generalizations, & of course some perfectly healthy people have icky nails, were you trying to ask more specifically about one or the other (nails vs. nailbeds)??

<_< melissa

okay, pinkish/purplish, no moons, my toes, especially my big toes are usually just purple. I have raynaud's though, so they do the triple color thing at times. Is that what you are looking for? morgan

Oh, who knows? Yes, I know it's not normal to have white nails with no moons and before I think I have some sort of disease, I wondered if it was POTS related.

On another note, does anyone know what cause bright red fingers and knuckles? Looks like a sunburn almost. My hands are always ice cold so you would think they would be pale or blueish, but they are bright red.

Jennifer, I saw a derm guy because the bottoms of my feet are like that. They burn, but are cold. he says the capillaries are abnormally dilated. It should make your hands feel hot, even if they are cold, because it's core blood rushing into them. It's called erythymea or something like that. Anyway, it's abnormal constriction and dilation of capillaries.

I have no idea if that's your problem, but it sure sounds like my feet. But then, I've also been told it's neuropathy, and tada..conversion. So who knows....sorry I can't be more helpful. morgan