New Swallow Syncope Treatment

smiles

I realize that most of you do not have swallow syncope (going limp or passing out when you eat or drink--unrelated to quantity or type of food or liquid ingested).

My doc said there was a small recent study done that showed that Detrol LA helped to block the vagus nerve and therefore helps some people with swallow syncope so it was worth a try.

I started on the lowest dose--2 mgs. and have not had swallow syncope since (in 2 weeks)!!!!!! I am ecstatic!! 3 hurrays for my doc!

Maybe it can help some of you with similar problems. If it helps just one of you it is worth me posting this.

Eating again Smiles :)

ps feels so good to be able to eat and drink and not be hungry alot.

Wow, smiles, what wonderful news! You must be so thrilled!!!! Thanks for sharing this with the community.

I'm so excited for you. It's fantastic to see one of our own discover something that helps, and it gives the rest of us hope that someday an answer will be found.

Congratulations and enjoy eating again! :)

detrol is usually used to control your bladder right? so that would make you pee less, which is what i do not want, but i do have choking sensation as i eat, do not pass out, so i am interested in this study, but worry about peeing less, but i am glad it helped you to eat!

Radha