Disability & Social Security Denied

I just received paperwork in the mail stating that POTS is not severe enough that I can not work. Maybe they should go tell that to my former employer who used to constantly threaten to fire me because I was so sick and missed so much work. I kind of expected this, but I still feel like I just want to cry. I don't know what to do now....

I had an appointment at family planning today...this was 15 minutes from my house, so it shouldn't have been a big deal.I woke up today, showered and ate. I dried my hair and then started on my way to a family planning appt. Halfway there my stomach got really upset, so I had to stop and run in the mall (i'm not kidding, I ran) and use the restroom. So I felt better and then went into family planning where I had to fill out paperwork and wait forever. I sat there and looked at my flashcards so that wasn't too bad. Then the nurse called me back into the exam room and asked me a million questions. She finally left and told me to get undressed and wait for the dr to come do my pap. So I sat on the exam table forever. It must have been almost an hour. I started feeling really lightheaded and hot. I was sweating like crazy so I took off my sweatshirt. I was sweating so much the paper on the exam table that I Was sitting on became wet. I was shaky and sweaty and I felt like I was going to either throw up or that my upset stomach was going to make me run across the office naked to the bathroom. I waited and waited because I had no bc pills left, and that is the one thing that makes me feel worse, is having a heavy unpredictable aunt flo with lots of cramps... So finally the woman came in and did the pap and I got my pills and left. I had to walk next door and get a pop and sit in my car with the windows down so the 40 degree air could freeze me. This is what a day in my life is like....but i'm supposed to be able to go work for hours at a time?

Oh, crum, huh? :huh:

I am so, so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough day and that your SSDI was denied. I haven't gone through the process and am hoping I won't have to - it can be so frustrating and disappointing. I'm sure you know all about the appeals, and you mentioned you expected this, but still... it's just the pits when something like this happens, isn't it? It seems the chronically ill are the ones who have to fight the hardest.

We'll be here for you, at your side, step by step as you go through the appeals process, which will overturn the original decision in time.

For today, though, your favorite special treat, fuzzy slippers, comfy jammies, and your favorite TV show/movie are in order. Be sad today and spoil yourself big time, then fight and have hope tomorrow. :o

I hope you are feeling better after your excursion. Here's a BIG HUG for you.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day and that you found out this frustrating news from SS. Ugh!!

I have been denied twice (SSDI) and I'm waiting for a court hearing date. It will be 2 years in Sept. since I started this process. This is not to discourage you but to say you aren't alone!! It's a frustrating process but in time you should win.

Take care,

Lisa

I expected to be denied the first try but it was still a blow when I got the denial.

After filing the appeal, they sent me papers to have filled out by people who knew me so they could describe how I functioned. Talk about a boundary issue. This was hard because there are few people I am really honest with about just how hard this is. Before I even gave the paper work to friends, I got the second denial. I swear the denial came a week after they sent me the paper work. No one could have filled those out and sent them in before the denial. They had NO intention of even looking at the stuff they wanted me to have filled out.

I know it is easy to say and hard to do, but don't take it personal. Even though I couldn't even sit up at the time, the first denial said I should work in a office. Go figure. You are just a piece of paper work to them. I am not even sure they read what we put or they wouldn't be able to deny us.

I like to joke that the whole process is a test. If you can fill out that many forms and figure out their process, they will say you are capable of holding a job. It is a catch 22.

Hi,

I can totally relate to you. I just recently found out that I have been approved after waiting 2.5 years. The first time I got denied then my lawyer and I appealed it and it never went to a hearing because my med records were good enough and the judge approved my claim. The day I found out I literally cried, because it took a lot out of me. It's a very long and hard fight, but hopefully in the end it will pay off for you. If youd like to chat more feel free to PM me. Goodl luck!

Jacquie

I been there I been Denied twice waiting for my appeal now. I am not sure if I will ever get it. Its odd though. I am hooked up to IV up to 8 hours a day, and use oxygen when needed, in and out of the hopsital, and yet I can work too. I wish I knew where?

Keep your hand up and keep fighting. I am never giving up if I have to go all the way to thee fed. courts I will it not fair the way they handle the claims.

Hope you have a better day today! :huh:

I am so sorry-----------the Social Security System really stinks. I have been denied twice despite obvious medical information that shows I am definately not able to work. I also have functional capacity forms filled out by two DOCS saying I can not handle any type of gainful employment. I have too much going on with my health to even dream of working. It breaks my heart to see you going through this, and all the others I see get denied.

I hope you can get approved the next time around. You want to make sure you have an attorney who has experience in SSDI/SSI. You should be able to be approved at the hearing level if you have a good lawyer. I have an attorney, and i'm at the hearing stage now. I haven't gotten a hearing date yet, but hope to this summer.

On Tuesday I received a phone call from a hospital offering to interview me for their financial aid department. I applied back in 2003----and I even considered working full time back then because the hospital is so close to me. My case worker at BVR--(bureau of vocational rehab---suggsted only part time back then). As months passed by I was having trouble just going to the interviews, so I finally filed for SSDI. I worked over 20 years, so I qualified for SSDI.

Good luck ----and I hope you get your disability on the reconsideration stage, and you don't have to wait for a hearing.

Here's a list that is helpful in regards to listing codes for certain illnesses/----this is for doctors, but it helps to see if any of your symptoms fit under any of the codes.

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professional...cular-Adult.htm

Take care of yourself Dear.

Maxine :0)