Ssdi Hearing?

luckygoat3

Has anyone ever gone to the hearing level for social security? I was denied again for reconsideration and well I know I can't handle a job nor could i handle the stress of a job. I do something for a couple hours and i have to nap, lay down, or i crash.

I do have an attorney which i will meet with soon, just have to wait for the holidays to be over with. I know in my heart i need to keep pushing this...i feel like it's an uphill battle.

tips advice welcome,

susie

I had a hearing and was approved within ten minutes of seeing the judge (after being turned down previously). Going in person can often work to your advantage- especially if you are young and have an attorney. Good luck!

Carmen

Hi,

I wish the system wasn't so difficult to try to get approved for benefits, but if it weren't, no one would work, right?!

I am currently recieving long term disability, and waiting a reply on my SSDI application. The LTD company is actually providing me with an attorney should I be denied SSDI benefits. I'm not looking forward to all the proceedings and potential court dates, but know that it's something I will have to do, if the SSDI isn't approved.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you, and that the decision to get you approved isn't too far away!

Good luck :rolleyes:

Dear Susie,

I hope that your hearing goes well. And I hope that your attorney is a big help to you as you fight this battle.

I was waiting for my hearing in the fall of 2005 (only a few months after I requested a hearing), but then I got a letter in the mail from the judge saying that my case was approved. He said there was enough information in my file to make a decision without holding the hearing. So, who knows - maybe you'll get a good judge like that!

Since I didn't quite get to the hearing process, I don't really have any advice. But here's something that you might find helpful: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/ Disinissues is a group that gives advice for Disibality Insurance Issues. It is done through email, not on a forum. You might want to check it out. It is a helpful way to get answers and advice to your questions. And it all comes to your email inbox!

Don't give up hope or patience as you wait for the hearing. I wish you a good judge's decision!

Rachel

Hi,

I am also waiting for a hearing...

The disinissues group is MUST READING while applying or going thru disability review.

Actually the older one is the better the chances.

But the bottom line, disability folks care not one whit the NAME OF YOUR DISEASE..they want to know how disabled you are and your basic day to day functioning or lack there of.

Hang in there and make sure your attorney is giving you good service.

EVERYONE has to have a hearing. Social Security pretty much automatically rejects you the first two times, so don't worry about that part. As long as you have a lawyer that you trust you should be fine.

My hearing was wonderful, despite a skeptic judge. The doctor they brought in gave a short lecture about dysautonomia and said that even though I may be perfectly fine some days, that there would also be days where I simply could not work and because of that I would be unable to sustain employment. He also said that looking at my medical records I was doing everything I should be doing to try and get better and that working at this stage would hinder progress. I wanted to cry--I think that was the best affirmation I had ever received about my illness, and it was from a total stranger. I wish there had been a doctor like that one around five years ago when I was trying to figure out what the **** was wrong with me.

Sorry, I digressed a bit there--the point I was trying to make is that the hearing is a good thing and pretty much mandatory, so don't sweat it.

Best wishes,

Stacy