Jumpy Eyes Flashing When Eyes Are Closed ?

nikigrl8883

ok this is somthing ive been expericing since pots when i close my eyes somtimes i get these flashing lights really qiuck for a few seconds it usually goes away right away but it comes and goes alot if i opwn my eyes when im having this episode i feel my eyes jumping but i dont see the lights does anyone have any clue what this is and whay it happens

I don't have answer for you but I do experience something similiar.

I close my eyes and it feels like my eyes are moving back and forth and sometimes I see flashes of what I don't know.

I also don't tolerate lights well in general. If my eyes are closed in a brightly lit room, my eyes hurt as if they were open and looking at a bright light. I splurged the other day and went to have eyebrows waxed and lying there for those few minutes the lights were killing my eyes while they were closed. Feels like I need to wear sunglassess while I'm sleeping :blink::P

Sorry I have no answers though :unsure:

I started having the arch of flashing red and yellow lights when all this started. I was afraid I was getting a detached retina and went to eye dr. She asked if I was having blood pressure problems and I hadn't mentioned it to her. she said some high bloodpressure patients also have it.

I actually have cloudy day sunglasses because some cloudy days are darker than others. I also wear them in to large stores with all the awful lights.

I call it "strobe vision" I've had it constantly for the past 6 months or so. The Drs told me they think it's part of my migraines. But I notice it more when I'm laying down or it's dark. I've had trouble sleeping because of the flashing. I think my husband thought I was going insane.

I think when the circulation/oxygen to the brain is compromised, we see flashing lights, dots of light, etc. Migraines have a vascular constriction issue, but there are other causes. When I got really anemic after a bleed many years ago, the flashing lights were my only clue.

If the lights only happen when the eyes jump side to side (open or closed), then the pull on the back of the eyes from the muscle action in the front of the eyes causes the nerves to fire.

It isn't fun, no matter the cause. I hope you get your problems figured out.

OLL

I call it "strobe vision" I've had it constantly for the past 6 months or so. The Drs told me they think it's part of my migraines. But I notice it more when I'm laying down or it's dark. I've had trouble sleeping because of the flashing. I think my husband thought I was going insane.

ya i defenalty notice it when im laying down tryign to sleep and dark thats pretty much the only time it happens to me its like a strobe light in my eyes flash fladh flash really quickly when there closed i seee the lights when there open i may feel my eyes doing somthing funny but barely ever i dont know my casue of it im guessing poor circulation maybe who knowswith us