A Drum Roll Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that I have NASH---(I am alphabet soup) Non Alcoholic Steato hepatitis. I have had pain in my R upper Quad sort of below my ribs for years. I was blown off by every one. I had a cat scan to check for hernia,,,,,It came back that I have severe fatty liver. This is usually caused by weight gain when I was diagnosed w/pots I was teaching 4 aerobic classes a day and doing the stairmaster for 45 min. That all stopped.

I don't yet know what steato means. My pcp put me in today. Going back my liver studies have been abnormal for about 10 years. I dd have a choice of B12 shots or a biopsy. Weinied our and have been getting the shots 10 years. Now the biopsy is next. My liver is 22cm!!!!! I am going to check and see if any f this is a part of pots.

Good Day and Penn State don't let me down :):lol::blink:

Miriam,

So sorry you have to deal with yet another affliction. I wonder if this kind of liver damage is either connected to years of autonomic dysfunction, or possibly your liver being taxed from processing so many medications over the years? These are absolutely non-medical ideas. I don't know much about the liver, except for what I know from my mom's problems (she is a recovering alcoholic and was on the verge of cirrhosis before she quit).

Amy

miriam,

i am sorry to hear when any of us has something else to deal w/ on top of POTS! i wish you strength and health as you go thru this!

i had a friend who was in the prime of life (good health, late 20's) who had exactly what you've been dxd w/. it was not brought on by drinking alcohol. i do not remember his treatment specifically, but it was successful. i hope your treatment is also successful.

again, best wishes for good health! take care!

lulu :)

I have also had severe right upper quadrant abdominal pain. This has been going on for about 2 years now and I keep getting blown off. I've had numerous MRI's and CT scans but they turned up nothing. The GI doc said there is nothing he can do and none of my other docs seem at all concerned about this saying it doesn't fit in with my other symptoms.

Good luck with the biopsy!

hey,

i've had pain in the same place for about two years as well, my endocrinologist thinks i may have gallstones so i'm having an ultrasound in two weeks, the last ultrasound they did was on my pelvis, liver and kidneys and they all came back fine, so i'm kind of hoping for the gallbladder one so i can stop having the pain.

my doc says i have the three f's, fat, female and fertile!! (there are four f's normally, the other one is forty!)

he's a tosser!

becks x x x

sorry that you have something else on your plate to deal with. i have liver problems but don't actually have any local symptoms. we know that mine are directly related to being on TPN long-term and from a toxicity-type reaction to my IVIG treatment. there is no direct relation between POTS & liver problems and while some liver problems & some autonomic disorders have an autoimmune etiology my understanding is that NASH isn't related to anything autoimmune.

good luck with your biopsy....

:) melissa

Thanks all. Thomas the link was very helpful. Becku, when you get your next ultrasound ask for a gallbladder. TPN is one of the causes. I had an ultrasound yesterday. See Hepatologist next week.

God bless us one and all!!! (this is me feeling crummy) Miriam