Anyone Have A Reaction To Contrast?

DSM3KIDZ

I just had a CT of my abdominal (bladder) and I finished about an 2 hrs ago and my heart is still really crazy. When they first injected it I got the hot feeling and then a sensation that made my chest have alot of pressure..........felt like I couldn't breathe. Now just sitting my hr is 120's and I'm all shaky. My usual sitting hr is 60-70 (betablocker).

So anyways do any of you have crazy side effects to the contract they inject for CT scans?

Dayna

I hope you fel better soon, always better to request MRI. I even have reactions to simple hair dyes I get extremely tachycardic and fainty

I just had a CT of my abdominal (bladder) and I finished about an 2 hrs ago and my heart is still really crazy. When they first injected it I got the hot feeling and then a sensation that made my chest have alot of pressure..........felt like I couldn't breathe. Now just sitting my hr is 120's and I'm all shaky. My usual sitting hr is 60-70 (betablocker).

So anyways do any of you have crazy side effects to the contract they inject for CT scans?

Dayna

It's not always possible to get a the type of scan you need via mri as opposed to a CAT. I usually don't feel good after the contrast, and push fluids to help my body clear the stuff.

If your symptoms don't back off soon, call the doctor/hospital or go to the ER.

Nina

My reaction to CT contrast was immediate and severe. In addition to significant HR and BP fluctuations, I also had itchiness in the back of the throat, in my mouth, a swollen lip, and trouble breathing. (This was even with them pushing IV fluids and IV benadryl.) I was very close to losing consciousness which they tried to say was me being "sleepy." grr. I think there is a big difference between fainting and sleepy.

I had to go to the ER right away and had a tight feeling in my throat for at least a week afterward which made it difficult to breathe/get comfortable.

That is definitely something you don't want to mess around with. Better to get medical attention rather than let it go.

Hope you are feeling better and that you did not have to go the ER. I had a CT with contrast and shortly after I drank the dye, I felt very nauseated. The whole thing seemed to bring on another flare up and I had stomach issues for days. I hope you are feeling better by now!

Take Care

Susan

I had a terrible reaction to the CT contrast. They called it a vaso-vagal reaction. My heartrate went into the 200's.

They brought in a crash cart. and it was awful. I was so scared, the doctor was paged and stayed beside me. It was an abdominal CT and I had to hold a fleets enema the time. I was cramping so bad. What a nightmare.

I have had an MRI with contrast and had no problem at all.

Dawn