Newbie Here - Anyone Feel Better In Summer?

Hello everyone - I'm a new guy here. I guess I've always noted some orthostatic intolerance, but I had my first confirmation of POTS when I went to a CFS clinic because of some pretty bad fatigue. As long as I don't stand still for too long, I can stay standing unless I'm really beat. The CFS doctor said I wasn't fatigued enough <_< to have CFS - and plus there was no precipitating infection, just a gradual progression.

The thing I've noticed for the past three years is I start getting all my other "syndrome" symptoms (below) in early fall and it is the worst around January. By March, I slowly start to feel better - less fatigue. By this time each year, I feel almost healthy. I suspect by Labor day I'll start heading downhill again :( .

I'm headed to Vandy in October to see Dr. Baggioni so I'm curious to see if I can get some answers. Does anyone else have a pattern like this? Maybe I should try a light box.

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the board! I feel alot worse in the summer and feel pretty good in the Spring and Fall.

No times are good times this past year for me, but the extreme temps make it worse in summer or winter.

My duaghter has CFIDS also and is much worse as soon as fall comes, then gets better in spring, summer.

She tends to have more infections during the fall/winter months, which will bring about severe setbacks for her.

Guest tearose

Hello and welcome!

I am glad you have your testing set up. Please try to read what ever you can to help get prepared for your visit.

I think I have trouble adjusting to quick changes in temp and not necessarily am worse in summer or better in summer. I adapt as best as I can. If it is hot and I am not in air conditioning I am not well hydrated and not cooling down and I'm in full compression I'm probably feeling miserable.

take care, tearose

i hate summer! to gosh darn hot for me! I'm ver heat intolerant... there really is no good time of year for me.. winter is too cold.. and can make me just as symptomatic.... and fall and spring..(spring more the fall) um the chaging of season is always rough on me.. I'd say i do the best in the fall.. if you can call bad being the best that is!!

but welcome to our slice of cyber space.. and good luck at vandy in october!!

hi and welcome aboard!

as i'm a "cold potsy" i prefer summer. it's not exactly that i'm doing much better when it's warm, but i FEEL so much better, which makes me smile more often and gives me a much more happy feeling. i think it's because i can go outside and ride my scooter. i can lay/lie (i'm sorry i just can't remember which one it is) outside in the sun. the warmth of the sun on my skin makes me feel so nice and WARM.

i was thinking about a lightbox as well, but didn't try it.

good luck at vandy,

corina :)

Guest dionna

i have had POTS for almost 2 years and i notice that i feel the best when the temps are between 60 and 70 without the awful humidity i've got here in the carolinas. so i hate the summer. i pass out all the time this time of the year. atleast 2-5 times a week. i don't care for the cold because it hurts my back but i would much rather be cold because that is what my POTS likes and i kinda have to listen to it if i don't want to be in as much pain! hope somehow you can get something to make you feel better all year and like the others said, welcome to the forum!

dionna :)