Limbs Falling Asleep

It seems like when my limbs aren't snap, crackling, and popping, they are falling asleep on me. I wake up in the morning with a hand or arm completely asleep. Usually it's because I slept on it funny. Initially when this happened it freaked me out and I thought I was having a stroke. I was sitting somewhat indian style for a short period of time and when I stood up I almost fell over. One of my legs felt completely asleep.

However, it seems like when I lay completely straight, I get stiff after awhile or when I sit in the same position for too long that is what causes me to turn into a bowl of rice krispy cereal. I've developed my morning snap, crackle, pop routine along with waking up whatever limp went to sleep on me.

Anyone else have this problem? :D

YES!!! It is most common in my legs/feet and arms....Wish I knew the exact cause of it.

Jacquie

Guest tearose

I know what you mean. I seem to get the tiny snapping sounds from joints too. I didn't think of it as something unusual. Is it?

I get two kinds of numbness. I have an annoying numbness on the left side of my face that I have been told is neuralgia or neuropathy. I have noticed that lifting or the drivers side seat belt will inflame this. It can take a day or a week to calm down.

The numbness I get in my arms and legs is worse when I sleep and I don't always get it. I do remember waking up with a "frozen" leg or arm and having to carefully lift my arm/leg with my other hand because I had NO sensation but tingling and numbness. I noticed this happens more if I was sleeping on my back so I try to sleep on my side propped into place with a pillow.

hope you can figure a way to manage the annoying problem!

This happens to me all the time too. Usually if I'm sitting down, one of my legs will be waking up as I get up. I hate when it happens in the doc's office...they call your name and you're limping to walk to them. LOL Also, sometimes my hand will "wake up" and start twitching without my control. Fingers just move as they please...I have no idea why??

I asked my autonic doc about this and confirmed it in a neuro. ( that is pots familiar) that it may be in my case small fiber neuropathy..and that it falls into place with POTS. First I was worried but was reassured it is common in pOTS patients and it is something to do with nerve impulses.

I AM NO DOC.. B)

But be assured that I get it too, I sometimes feel like my limbs are all asleep when lying or sitting to long or crossing legs. And sometimes my hands,feet,and nose :) are cold.

Stinky and annoying but part of the package I guess..

Belinda

alexia et al-

if you've been sitting/laying on a limb it's actually completely normal for it to "fall asleep" though not any less bothersome.

as belinda mentioned, if it happens at other times it can be a part of neuropathy.

though - as always - if you've never mentioned this to your doc & it's new or increased it's still a good idea to bring it up.

B) melissa

I get this too...glad I'm not alone, but sorry you have to deal with it too.

Mine can get painfull at times in my hands and arms....but it comes and goes. I have carpel tunnel in my right arm, but not in the left...but to me it feels the same?

I also have different parts of my body falling asleep on me. Like my legs when they are crossed. Very bothersome. B) Just something extra to deal with right?

Amber

I also have the snapping, popping, crunching. It seems random and sometimes sounds like bones are going to break. Very strange. Also get increasing episodes of limbs falling asleep, far more than ever before. So glad that I have joined this discussion group. Again to just have someone else out there who feels these same crazy symptoms.