Beta Blockers Px For Migraines?

DSM3KIDZ

I just got back from the neurologist for my dizziness and she said my bp was good so it's not that. My hr goes up to 108. She thinks it might have to do with a migraine. She suggested trying mestinon again and in May for my next appointment possible trying a beta blocker. She said it will also help with the migraines. Anyone have success with BetaBlockers for migraines?

Dayna

i have tried a lot of differant ones but when i was admitted last yr for migraine treatment, corgard seemed to help. I was a very high dose that basically made me sleep a lot but my family doctor lowered it which it seemed to help, i went off of it and decided i needed to go back on it but now i take 10 mg once a day. also i have used inderal but that quit working after a year.

susie

Hi,

This just may be coincidence, but I am on Florinef which sometimes tends to give me massive headaches, but I take Toprol and it actually seems to help them, in some weird way. Other times I just have headaches that don't go away for days.

Jacquie

Beta blockers are commonly used for migraines. Hubs takes atenolol and it works really well. My son takes topamax, which is an antiepileptic and will never give it up.

When I worked for a doctor in an office setting, he gave betas all the time for migraine and very few people had problems, although very few had , like none, had pots. It's worth a try. morgan