Aching Legs

Suzanne

I helped my kids wash the cars yesterday, only did the bare minimum and woke up during the night with aching legs and today I feel a right off. My legs are killing me. This seems to happen a lot, sometimes without exercise. Does anyone know why and does anyone else experience this?

I helped my kids wash the cars yesterday, only did the bare minimum and woke up during the night with aching legs and today I feel a right off. My legs are killing me. This seems to happen a lot, sometimes without exercise. Does anyone know why and does anyone else experience this?

I have noticed that my legs ache more in the evening when I am not moving as much. I was also wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Your not alone at all, I talked to the doctor about it, he said it could be due to the fact I am not able to due as much, so I may losing muscel tone. So I am to try to due leg movment thought out the day, or if I am just laying in bed to do leg lifts. It has helped some. I still get the pain though just not as much. Not sure if will help of not.

YUP!!! I also get the leg pain, I especially feel it at the end of the day when I am laying down in bed.

Jacquie

for me aching legs are directly related to blood pooling. it only happens for me when i've been upright for longer periods. more so when i don't have my compression hose on.

it sounds like some are referring to this and otherwise are referring to aches that are more muscular...

:D melissa

Guest CyberPixie
for me aching legs are directly related to blood pooling. it only happens for me when i've been upright for longer periods. more so when i don't have my compression hose on.

it sounds like some are referring to this and otherwise are referring to aches that are more muscular...

:) melissa

I dont quite get that. Why would blood pool if you're upright and have been moving around?

I tend to get that awful heavy, dragging feeling from throat through my chest and in my legs when I've been moving around and if I've over done things a bit even if thats only sat in bed on the laptop.

I get the aching legs too. I don't know why, and I haven't figured out how to deal with it. When I wear my comp stockings, it seems like my upper legs are worse. But when I don't wear them at all, I'm in for trouble. I don't know what advice to give, but you're not alone! I'm going to Mayo next week....maybe Dr. Low will have some answers on this topic.

Guess we all suffer from it, but not sure why. Isn't the blood pooling due to the fact that our BP is low and the heart is working overtime to pump it all around without much success, so it tends to linger in our legs?

I hadn't thought about the exercise bit, I know I am so unfit, so will work on some leg exercises. I seem to remember when I was pregnant that my legs ached unbearably, maybe due to the pooling thing? I did not know I had POTS then.

I am considering buying the compression hose to help - does it?

Thanks

I get it too. I also have restless leg syndome, i can tell the difference between just the potsy ache and the rls. I think it is because of poor circulation in the legs which causes lactic acid to build up in the muscles. Lactic acid is a byproduct of muscle contraction, so the more you move the more you make and if there isnt adequate blood flow to carry it away it stays in the muscles and causes aches and cramping.

I cant do things like a hot bath or massage because then my bp drops from the blood going down to my legs.

Janine