UGH

Hi all,

I don't know what's going on, but today I woke up tachy, and have stayed tachy and shaky all morning. I haven't even been able to get dressed yet because my heart's acting so crazy. Right now I'm in bed and my hands are shaking so badly that I can barely type. I'm scared that I'm coming down with something...although I'm obsessive about washing my hands and I haven't been around anyone who'se sick.

I'm worried that I'm going to have to go to the ER, but I'm alone, and by BF has the car, so I'm either going to have to call an ambulance, or wait till he gets off work. And (of course) I can't reach my doctor to get his advice.

Have any of you had random, really, really sick days (without it being mensturally related)? I just can't think of what would cause this, I haven't done or eaten anything odd this week, and my period is three weeks away, so that's not the culprit either.

Anyways, I just need some hugs :)

Love you all,

Lauren

Lauren, only you can judge if you need to go to the emergency room. Erring on the side of caution is better than erring on the side of danger.

My primary care doctor told me once, Jan, stay out of emergency rooms--they don't know what to do with you, however, the same doctor, when I called him at night and I was having whopper chest pains, told me to go to the ER right now! And I am glad I did. I found out it was not a heart attack. And they actually took good care of me and were compasionate.

Some options for bad days can be to call the doctor and get his/her opinion of what you should do, have a friend sit with you, or to take a calming med and see if it helps.

I sometimes think that all of us with POTS should have a band-aid med that can settle the palpitations when they get out of hand. I use xanax for this and I am really glad to have it for this purpose.

Hi,

Just a thought, it's past 10am have you eaten anything? This adds to my am symptoms and sometimes after I eat I feel a little better. Some protein and a carb together and a good drink of water. I do hope you are feeling better by now. I have many random really bad days, and I don't know what causes them. It's frustrating I know.

((HUGS))

Kim

Thanks Jan,

I wish I had a band-aid drug. All I have is Midodrine, and I don't want to take anything that means I can't lay down.

I'm just trying to drink gatorade and do things online to distract me from how I feel. I just reeeeeeally hope this isn't the beginnings of some kind of virus. I don't know if I can do a week, or two, or three of these kind of symptoms (that is, without going absolutely mad).

Hugs to you,

Lauren

Ohhhhh....I'm sorry you are having a bad day.

I have days like you are describing too. It would be hard for us to say whether you need to go to the ER or not.

What I do for myself when I'm like this is drink extra fluids, add more salt than my normal, elevate my feet so blood flow is going back toward my head (sometimes I even lay on the floor for a bit and put my feet up on the couch to really get the blood flow toward my upper body).

I wait it out unless or until the tachy gets so bad I have trouble breathing (then I know I have to go to the ER). Otherwise, many times, in a day or two it will either pass on it's own or I will get worse and have to go to the ER.

Hope you feel better soon. ((((HUGS))))

Thanks so much for your advice guys. I'm not feeling any better, but at least it's not geting worse :)

Hmichel,

I'm not ovulating, since I'm on birth control, but that would be a good explanation.

Yikes,

I haven't eaten. I've been too sick to get to the kitchen. I tried standing up a few hours ago and my pulse was at about 170, I had to lay down again or else I would have passed out :) .

((((((HUGS))))))) to all of you for your concern :):)

sorry to hear about the bad day. yes most days I don't know why. Try to keep some protein bars and some gatorade next to bed so when you have a pooey day you don't hav to get up right away. hope things get better!:-)

Hi Lauren,

I am right with you today. I am feeling aweful... If you think you need to go to the ER then GO...Only you know how bad you are feeling and whether or not you should go! I hope this passes soon though.

Jacquie

Hi Lauren,

I am right with you today. I am feeling aweful... If you think you need to go to the ER then GO...Only you know how bad you are feeling and whether or not you should go! I hope this passes soon though.

Jacquie

lauren

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so yucky today!! can you call your man to come home and tale you to the ER?

here are some BIG CYBER HUGS for you coming from Dizzygirl in Erie!! take care dear.. and let us know how you are doing later on k??

hang in there

love and hugs..do you feel those hugs yet?? LOL :)

linda

i've had the shakes when i get up on occasion. i've never been able to explain them & i never took my pulse, i just always had to lie down again NOW (you know how it is when your body gives you the Great Command). then i would dive into my POTS "warlord horde" (what my husband calls all the array of Stuff I Need on my side of the bed (meds, blanket, heating pad, bottled h2o....) and get an Ativan. i am also a firm believer in having something available PRN to try and calm myself.

i would usually have a few yucky days after, too. i really hope you are not headed for that. i would also agree with going to the ER if you think you need to. sometimes it's a roll of the dice how you'll be treated, but it's better odds than being at home in pain and/or feeling bad. you have been doing the right things....but if you need to go, go! as dizzygirl said...can your BF come home & take you? what about calling a cab?

i hope you are feeling better and i send you great big (((((HUGS))))) with everyone else. you are not alone in what's happening to you, even if you are "by yourself."

blessed be, lauren

Lulu :)

So sorry you are feeling bad. It sounds like you might be fighting a bug of some kind which may have kicked in your POTS. Take it easy, get lots of fluids, go easy on your tummy if it's fussy and pamper yourself with some good movies for a couple of days :( Give your body a chance to regroup

Hi all,

I woke up this morning and am feeling much better. Whatever was going on yesterday seems to have passed (knock on wood). I'm thinking I had a mild virus that only lasted 24 hours, I know they exist.

I never did go to the ER. Even though I wanted to several times, the thought of condecending doctors and patients with the flu sneezing all over the place scared me into staying put. It probably would have helped had I gone, but I'm glad everything worked out anyway.

Thank you all so much for your warm wishes. I love you all!

Hugs,

Lauren

glad you're feeling better!! and didn't have to go to ER. they can be so nasty. although i've gotten some nice ones now and again.

take good care and thanks for the update!

love and light,

lulu :(