Anyone taken Zithromax?

I've got Bronchitis and was prescribed Zithromax by a nurse at my doctor's office. This is the first time I saw her so she doesn't have a clue to my history. I did tell her that I had tachycardia. Have any of you taken Zithromax with a beta blocker?

I called my cardiologist's office and left a message about the whole ordeal, but since it's Friday afternoon, I'm worried that no one will call me back.

Take or not to take...I guess I could ask the pharmacist.

I do really well with Zithro. BUT I do not take beta blockers. Somebody else might have some experience with that. We all react SO differently. Are you taking the antibiotic as a Z-pack, three or five days or longer? I do really well with it, but always take new meds during the day, when I have somebody with me "just in case." We also keep an epi-pen and bendryl handy. Better to be safe than sorry! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!

I had a great experience with it this past fall- I felt like a new person! However, as you said, talk to a pharmacist if you have any concerns. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Carmen

Hi,

I used to do very good with the Z-pac, but the last time I used it I got sooooo nauseas and was in the bathroom alot! B) . I might have had a stomach bug or something, because I had never felt that sick using it. The doc had to take me off of it, but I would atleast try it, because it didn't cause any tachy for me personally. Good Luck and I hope you feel better.

Jacquie

The pharmacist said that it would be okay with the beta blocker and that I might notice an occasional missed beat.

HOWEVER, I opened the instruction packet and it went on and on about medications for irregular heartbeat or affecting the heartbeat and such. Freaking out here. I'm so afraid it's going to put me into an arrythmia. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask again to see if it is okay to take.

Just remember with all antibiotics you take to take acidophillus to replace the good bacteria that the abx wipe out of your system..... Take them 2 hours after you take your dose of abx....

Feel Better :(

remember with the drug info and the side effects of any medication ALL side effects must be reported. So read the pharm or doc info not the patient info. Frequently you will find that out of the 5000 (example) people who trialed the med 1 had heart palpations, I did not look up zithromax but if your going to be worried about its side effects you need to look at the actual study and take into account the numbers, legally the pharm companies have to report any side effect. Also compare the numbers and types of side effects with the people who actually took the med and those who had the placebo during the trial.

You have to look at the big picture, educate yourself. I also believe staring at the med bottle on my desk for 2 weeks before I take it helps, j/k LOL.

BTW I have taken z pacs many times and I am on beta blocker, necer had a problem. Other than Levaquin, its the least amount of actual pills to take for an infection therefore reducing GI effects.

Peace

Janine