What is this???

Jacquie802

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure what this is, but it's def. new symptoms. I awoke this morning with severe chest and stomache pains that spread to my clavicle, along with palpitations, blurry eyesight, nausea, and this is the weirdest part, it felt like there was electricity running through my whole body. I have heard ppl mention this before and never really knew what they are talking about, but I do now. What is this??? I never had this before, so I am just wondering if anyone knows what's going on...? I still feel really nauseas with stomache pains, but the other symptoms have subsided. Any infomation is GREATLY appreciated.

Jacquie

Hi,

Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

Could it be an adrenaline type rush? I believe as our bodies clock knows that it is coming to the a.m. the levels start to rise.

I am ok during the night but by a certain time in the a.m. while I am still in bed the rushes start. I feel the wave come over me from head down. Like someone keeps hitting the button to go. It feels like a wave but I also have the electrical type feeling also.

I gulp some water, wait a few minutes then try to get up.

Souns like it could be one of those rude awakenings in the a.m. we can get. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure what this is, but it's def. new symptoms. I awoke this morning with severe chest and stomache pains that spread to my clavicle, along with palpitations, blurry eyesight, nausea, and this is the weirdest part, it felt like there was electricity running through my whole body. I have heard ppl mention this before and never really knew what they are talking about, but I do now. What is this??? I never had this before, so I am just wondering if anyone knows what's going on...? I still feel really nauseas with stomache pains, but the other symptoms have subsided. Any infomation is GREATLY appreciated.

Jacquie

you are totally understood by me. and i have no advice on that. i can't seem to find anything that helps that except time and sleeping usually helps me so i atleast don't feel all the pain.

I have had this for years. I used to wake up with my heart racing, neausea and tell my husband it felt like ants were stinging me. I did some research and it seems that when you have dysautonomia that you can have hypo and hyper active sympathetic nervous system activity. That is why one minute our bp and hr are low (hypo) and the next our heart is racing, we are jittery and our bp is normal or high (hyper). Then there may be times when our heart is racing but our bp is low and we are exhausted!! (hypo & hyper at the same time). I also learned that when we sleep, our body gets a surge of sympathetic nerve activity seconds before we wake up. Apparantly, this surge is what automatically brings our bodies out of a sleeping state into an awake state. This would explain why we wake up with SOOOO many horrible symptoms. It's possibly the fact that OUR surge is that "little surge" other people get before waking times 100000!!!

Just something I read. Maybe something you can ask your doc?

take care,

bamagirl