What's this all about?

Jacquie802

So after passing in my disability report one of my doctors says he doesnt feel comfortable filling it out. I dont know if it's cuz i have only seen him 2 or 3 times, but it would have been nice of them to tell me a month ago when i dropped it off. I cant work. Who wants to hire someone who has a hard time seeing, feels like they are gonna pass out all the time, and who has to lay down every few hours. My other doctors filled it out, but this one is giving me a hard time??? I have an aptmt friday and i dont even want to see him now, I know they are gonna give me meds that I have no money to pay for. Oh well....

I am so sorry you are experiencing this frustration. It's hard enough to try to feel better and then on top of it deal with that type of thing. There are others on the forum that have much wisdom regarding this very thing than I do but I wish you the best and hope you can get this doctor to cooperate with you. Maybe at your appt you can explain all and hope that he will help out.

good luck

None of my doctors filled in anything at all. The only thing I gave to the SSDI people were existing doctor reports, notes, test results and two write-ups of the change in my life from "normal" people who knew me. I also gave them nurses notes from work about how I had to go to the nurses station and lay down because I felt like I was going to faint.

Are you referring to a special form detailing what you are unable to do (I think it is called a functional capacity report)? If so, that is what I'm referring to. My neurologist said I should be filling in that form because I knew better than him on a day to day basis what I could and could not do?! He refused to fill in anything extra.

I found the entire process of filing and waiting for SSDI to be one of the most nerve-wracking and drawn out tasks I've ever done. I've been in your shoes.

Please do not give up hope no matter what the doctors volunteer to do.

Hi, my neurologist as well as my cardiologist here by my home agree with the whole disability process. So I have their support. Some doctors really are ignorant, I guess since they aren't dealing with a disability it's not their prob...Don't get me wrong, I dont mean to act like all doctors are like that, because I def. do have caring doctors....Anyhow, I dont see this cardio anymore I am going back to the cardio I started out with in Boston since he knows all about my condition since day one. :)

Jacquie