OUCH!!

dizzygirl

Hi alll...

I am gong to try and make this short and sweet... (LOL).. i started getting wickedly bad "charlie horses" (cramps) in my feet and legs at about 2am last night.. and let me tell ya they weren't the quick cramps.. they lasted all NIGHT!! well into late this afternoon... I tired to sleep.. but kept getting woken up with this crampy legs feet stuff...

then on top of all that it was a bad potsy kinda day.. I tried getting up around 2 this afternon.. and couldnt stand I was SO freggin' dizzy.. and nausous!.. and was getting a potsy headache... as once I did stand all this pressure went straight to the top of my head.. and made it feel like it was going to blow up....

so i made my way to the couch.. though how I dont know there was a cramp in my leg right above the back of my knee... that lasted hours!

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I was ablw to fall asleep for about 5 hours and.. that crazy cramp in the back of my knee is gone.. thank GOD!

I am still having them in the arches of my feet and in my big toes...I woke up this evening very tachy... and w/ blurry cruddy vision.. and the even lasting internal body shakes....

sorry folks I just needed to vent....UGH i hate feeling like this.... :(:(:(:(

adizzycharliehorse B)

Hi Linda,

If the dr rules other other things maybe try magnesium suppliments if your not on them already?

salt is supposed to help too... however i assume you are already on salt intake of some form.

Cramps are horrible, im glad they have gone for the moment and you manged 5 hours respite.

Did you check your blood pressure during all of this- what about the pressue in your legs? Sounds like something that needs to be checked out. I dealt with a very similiar problem about two years ago and my cardio ordered an A.B.I. on my leg. Turns out it was slightly abnormal so then he did an arterial run-off on the leg. My blood vessels in my legs were found to be dysplastic and my blood flow just shot through my leg. The procedure took seconds to do and should have taken several minutes or longer. So... get it checked out especially, since it was followed by a bad headache. To me that sounds like a circulation problem.

Carmen

hi.. no I didnt check my BP... moving wasnt real easy to do today..

I had thought this afternoon to call my PCP.. but didnt.. though calling the on call doc isnt a bad idea for tonight.. as the cramps are returning..

Ok folks I am going back to bed..must sleeppp...

cramping of muscles could mean anything from dehydration & electrolytes off balance or magnesium def. I would suggest that a visit to your doc is in order for these type symptoms especially with your other symptoms. A blood test may be needed. Good luck and feel better soon.

Sorry to hear you feeling so bad. I hope you eating enough. When I feel terrible I know how important it is for me to eat while I am sleeping. If I sleep the whole day I wake up to eat. Even over weekends I wake up early to eat so that my body does not take the dip to "no return" I find oversleeping and not eating to be a killer. At nighttime I go to bed with two full glasses of water. This is what I drink while I am sleeping at night. My cardiologist has emphasised the importance of us staying hydrated. Just another angle. Hope you feeling better soon. B)

I just thought that I would let you know that you are not alone- I have exactly the same feelings- horrendous cramps lasting for days and a feeling in my head like my brain is gonna pop out!!! Sometimes it lasts for as long as a week but I may not suffer again for a month or so. I find it really helps to very roughly massage my legs to stimulate the blood flow, plenty of water and my cardio geve me a few exercizes- umm don't really know how to explain it without showing you but basically if you put your legs oout straight in front of you with your feet flat against the wall, then stretch down to touch your ancles, you should feel the pull in your calves. I do this regulary to prevent cramps as well as when I feel it start.

Good luck- I hope you are feeling better soon xx

Hi folks..

just wanted to pop in real quick... I spent most of today in bed too..

good thing the cramps in my thighs and cafs (SP?? sorry cant think of how to spell that!!) arent as bad as yesterday..

But the ones in my feet and toes.. are killer... I ended up taking vicodin through out the night. which helped with the pain.. but made me feel very wacked out.. and very potsy..

I figured that I would give it one more day (today) and see how things go.. and if I am still having problmes tomorrow.. I will definatley go to the doc...

thanks guys

dizzygirl

I have the same leg pain and cramps ALL TH Time......but they are worse at night. I was diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome which the Dr at Cleveland Clinic says is associated with the POTS. I take 50 mg of ELAVIL every nite and along with a few muscle rubs from hubby each week it helps . I have had them bad this week and only sleep about 3 hrs a night which does make the POTS symptoms worse. GOOD LUCK