An abnormal lab!!!!

morgan617

OMG.. My doctor called and he wanted to redraw some labs, as they were abnormal. Dealing with the pituitary gland. I had these done while I was in the hospital.

The only reason I am posting this is because, I had one of those paralyzing things just before I was discharged and the psych dud happened to walk in (Iwasn't expecting him to return) and saw it. It was at that point he KNEW I was a nut ball. He went out to get someone and the resident working with my doc was writing up my discharge orders, so she came in. When I could talk, I said I needed potassium and she drew a stat level, which was low. During this time he was telling me I was a nutball. After he left, she told me they had drawn some other labs to check my pituitary function and they were the ones that came back abnormal. I have no idea what my other labs are, because my appt with my doc isn't until the 11th, but he wants to repeat some.

So anyway, I was thinking I'd get a couple copies and send one to the psych dud and tell him what his issues are and he can cure them by sticking my abnormal labs where the sun don't shine and call me for an appointment. I will only charge 500 an hour, cash at time of visit....severelyderangedmorgan :P:lol::D:):)

Morgan, good for you, not for having abnormal labs :lol: , but for standing up for yourself and continuing to look for answers to your symptoms which YOU know are not normal, but some dr.'s for some reason think are part of some mental illness!! You should do exactly what you said and send him a copy of your lab work concerning the pituitary values. And, yes, tell him how to properly work up a patient, and bill him for your consultation!!

I hope this is nothing serious, but more of an aggravation and an explanation as to what is making you feel bad. Have you had a CT or MRI of your head? That was one of the first things my former internist I had (before I moved) ordered for me based off of my symptoms. Pituitary tumors can cause all sorts of symptoms, and can be very tiny and difficult to find. My CT was negative. These tumors can be treated/and or removed fairly easily, if that's what it turns out to be. So don't be scared. I am so happy you are getting some answers and are feeling spunky enough to feel like telling the psych jerk off!! :P

Melly

Morgan...I guess the news was like: Good news - you are not crazy (we knew that) and bad news - your labs.

I hope that you get some answers and that your results will ge good afterall.

PS My Carolyn Westie says hello and passes on a big hug and kiss. She asked me to send it your way since she was too tired to get up!

Guest Finrussak

aahhh the answer to our common prayer of "let them find SOMEthing"!!! but then we are hit with "what now?""" and can they fix it and even "is it that abnormal? maybe for me it IS normal"

I really really hope that the abnormal labs MEAN something and that the something can be fixed!!!! Please let us all know and fingers and toes are all crossed!!!

Hi Morgan:

That sounds like great news! Only people who have had severe, mysterious illnesses understand how thrilling an abnormal test result can be.

I have suspected for a while that your primary problem might be endocrine or metabolic.

After they nail down your diagnosis, perhaps you can give the psych dude an introductory endocrinology textbook for his birthday.

Thanks guys, it takes special people to understand a wow yippee on an abnormal test! :P It's not that you want anything wrong, it's just that you know something is, and everything always looks okay.

I believe I will send the dud a book on health 101 without having to be crazy to be sick. Along with the lab sheet and the suggestion where he can keep it for future reference... :ph34r:

I will let you know what's going on as soon as I know. I had a fainter for the first time in front of my kids at my son's birthday party. It was so awful... :( Nice way to ruin your kid's day...

Lois, Chloe would love to meet your baby, she says hello back and her little brain is tickled that both their names start with a C. It doesn't take much to tickle her obviously....She is getting a new friend this week. They met today. He's a pug 1 week older. They had an absolute ball and you wanna talk tired....morgan

Would I be completely warped if I said...

WHOOPEE!!!!! :)

guess what the nobel prize for medicine was awarded in???? the discovery that ulcers are caused by BACTERIA and NOT STRESS!!!! why did i get a laugh out of this??? it's like, when are we goign to stop blaming everything on stress????

okay, done now!

keep us posted PLEASE!

emily

p.s. asher wants in on the fun with carrie and chloe...even if his name doesn't start with a C

Morgan,

It's sick but it does make us feel good to get an abnormal lab. I know the feeling. Usually it's "well your labs look fine" and then they give you the I think you're nuts look.

Sorry to hear about the fainting. I fainted at my son's BD party when he was about 12, there were 8 boys over. Ended up in an ambulance. They were all peeking in the window of the bedroom when the first responders came. Felt like a fool.

We're the MOM we're supposed to be OK. :)

Take Care,

Dawn

He's always invited Em, he'd have a ball.

I saw the nobel prize too and thought the same thing... I asked my GI doc why I was taking three times the normal dose of prevacid and still had gastritis every time he looked in there. He said, "you've got a bacteria we haven't discovered yet." hmmm Where the heck does all the research money go, it should just be divided equally for all diseases, period. :) Yea, that'll happen...it would all go to why stress causes every thing in the world....atthispointtypefmorgan

Em and Morgan,

Carrie, as she is known by her family and friends, would love to play with Ascher and Chloe. She loves to play with other dogs. She has a good friend, Jessie, the cocker spaniel..so you see, Emily, Ascher would not be left out. On the other hand, I might have to give Carrie a caffeine jolt to get her up. She is a real couch potato. Right now she is snoozing atop two toss pillows on a sofa--as if the sofa was not soft enough.

Friends of ours have noted frequently that when they die they want to come back as Lois' pet.

Gone but certainly not forgotten--our 19-year old Nescafe the oriental shorthair passed away ...old-age! Carrie and Nescy did not get along--Carrie wanted to lick Nescy but Nescy would have nothing to do with her.

Well Louie our new pug will have a harem at this rate! However he will be an it by weeks end, so too bad for him!

I posted this under K+, but will post it here too. I took some literature to my doc when I went for the repeat prolactin level and they took about three vials of blood. I thought that was a little weird for one test, but since I HATE getting my labs drawn, I didn't even ask what all they were drawing.

Today, my pcp called, well his nurse, and said Dan was highly suspicious of periodic paralysis and truly believes we may be on a right track. He 's pretty certain there's something wrong with my pituitary, which would explain a lot of my symptoms. Wouldn't it be cool to get at least one answer to something. Oh that Dr. Dud psych....I am soooo bad, but revenge will be soooooo sweet!!!!badbadmorgan :)

aha...the mixed blessing of abnormal results. but really morg, we knew they were all along, no??? someone else just finally bothered to acknowledge it! geesh. i hope it gives some clarity to something....i was glad to read elsewhere that your doc is looking down the periodic paralysis route - not b/c i want you to have it but just b/c i want you to have some answers!

and my kitty CZAR wants to come play with all the dogs...he loves them...but realizes that they generally don't like him. Czar tends to think he's a dog himself which may be the problem....

:( melissa

Thanks for pointing me in that direction Melissa! I've three episodes in three days. man I hope they can find something that helps soon. I had one in my therapists office today, mortifying, B) but she said no way it was anything psych related. She asked me who she needed to contact to tell them....it was nice. Validated twice in two days, I guess my body can't handle it...helpmehelpmemorgan

oh morgan,

i hope they are on the right track...

what exactly is periodic paralysis? and how do you treat it? or can you? gosh, i

hope so...the episodes sound so terrifying and miserable. i really can't imagine!

your new pug, eh? so, who gets to be the avatar now...chloe or louie? uh-oh...a little competition here.

as for cats...um, Asher tried to KILL our neighbors kitty...so don't send Czar this way! (Wheatens are ratters and herders by instinct/breed). Don't worry and don't gasp too hard though, b/c the kitty (teeny tiny) so WON the fight...and Asher was the one bleeding EVERYWHERE!

okay, this is off-topic, but sooooo much fun!

and man do we need smiles, right morgan???? B)

keep us posted, please, please, please (on you and the dogs! :)) ah, i crack me up.

okay, i'm loopy.

emily