new member introduction

faithinspires

I have neurocardiogenic syncope, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, asthma, chronic bronchitis/sinusitis, esophagitis, severe gastritis, hiatal hernia, diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome, PTSD, anxiety/depression.

I had a positive tilt table test. I am on SSI.

(my daughter has ncs & pots too)

My current medications (these change frequently, as I have had chemical sensitivities to more than a dozen now): Nadolol, Midodrine, Advair, Albuterol, Nasonex, Protonix, Tetracycline, Lexapro, Clonazepam.

As I read your posts, I can soo relate to all of you!

I was sick like most for a long time before a diagnosis was made. I continue to be a guinea pig for treatment, still to find the right combination of meds to improve my level of functioning and quality of life.

I look forward to being a part of this group!

Hi Faith,

Welcome to the forum!  It is great to have you here.  I hope you'll find the same insightful advice and emotional support (as well as laughter) that i have found here. 

How old is your daughter?  What part of the country/world are you from?  I'm a graduate student from Ohio.

Kristen

Hi Kristen, Thank you for your response. I am glad to be here with others who understand what it is like to live with this condition. I look forward to the insight and support. My daughter with this condition is 18. I am 35. I also have a 12 year daughter and a nine year old son. We are from Wisconsin. (As I read your response I noticed I forgot to list Nasonex...lol...too many meds and conditions to remember).

Greet to meet you.  I am  a sorta new member.  This site is a great place to learn about your disorder and all that goes with it.  Take care!

pam in NC

Hi Pam, Its good to meet you! I just read your reply regarding exercises. Those are good suggestions. My daughter with this condition dances for exercise. Take Care!

hi faith-

welcome! i'm sorry that you have a reason to be here in the first place but am glad you found the forum. there's a lot of good info here & some pretty great people to go along with it (if i may say so B) ). we're glad to have you aboard.

my "vital stats" of sorts are in my signature below. a member recently suggested that we all add our info below when we have a chance as it can helpful in keeping track of things in the midst of all the posts day to day....

looking forward to "seeing" you around!

B) melissa

Welcome to the site. Sometimes I think we feel we are on our own little planet but it's nice to be understood by so many people!! Come to think of it-- it would actually be nice if we really WERE on our OWN planet because then we could rule it and we wouldn't allow the nonsense that goes on with insurance, goverment and Dr's to be like it is. B)

I hope you'll find this site to be informative and supportive!! B)