Conference on Saturday

Ernie

Hi everyone,

Well the big day is finally coming where I will be giving my conference. It is this Saturday.

I have finished writing the text and preparing the exercises.

I am getting nervous that I will forget what I plan to talk about and/or faint. I am very eager and happy to have this opportunity. It is an experience that I want to have at least once in my life.

Of course I will be using my wheelchair but I wonder if I will have the energy to teach for 2 hours.

Anyway, I hope you understand what I am saying! Just difficult to express.

Thanks for your help.

Ernie

Don't worry Ernie----you'll make it, I know you will--------- :(

Try to keep busy doing some kind of hobby---or read a book you enjoy. Sink your head deep into something else so you won't worry.

You have prepared for this, and you will make it through with flying colors!

I wish you all the bast!

Julie :0)

Ernie, Bonne chance ce samedi ! (good luck this Saturday).

If your nerves start to take over, just slow down, take a long slow breath and then kick some butt with your presentation.

Nina :)

Ernie,

Something to remember. You have been through so much already---and this has built your courage beyond what you ever imagined. You can handle anything now!

When I stood up to that neurologist I saw, it came out with such ease----I just felt I had to do it, and thought I have been through the mill already----so I just had no fear----none at all.

Most of us have been through so much----and have been talked to with such disrespect at atleast one time or another, so in a way it has helped us get stronger.

WE have sort of a shield of protection from the hard shell we built from the years of being mistreated by the medical community, and sometimes even some of our so called friends and family.

We rise above it and build a new strength within us.

You'll be fine Saturday, Your stronger, wiser, and have more courage then ever.

Julie :0)

I think Earth Mother said it PERFECTLY!! we are all with you!! ESPECIALLY during the nervous moments!! :D

My face and neck get very red and spoltchy when I make presentations--luckily it's because my blood pressure is UP! So I feel fine! But boy do my friends make fun of me, so I have to wear turtleneck sweaters! :angry:

I am thinking of you, I am SO VERY PROUD of you, and I am wishing I could be there, I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure everything will go well.

You sound well prepared, so please do take it easy, I am so excited for you Ernie!!! :angry::):wub:

Take Care

-Steph

Hi,

Thank you for your support. I had 2 nights I could hardly sleep because of the adrenaline pouring.

Today I am less stressed out because I feel more preprared and in control of the situation.

I met a stranger going on my wheelchair ride Tuesday and I invited her to accompany me. It makes me feel better not to be alone.

I still have a few last minute things to do but otherwise it should be fine.

i know i'm a bit late chiming in, but wanted to send my well-wishes your way. i'm so excited for you! i was in the midst of my move so never replied but remember being so excited reading about this opportunity when you first posted several months ago...i can't believe the time is already here!

i can definitely understand that you would be a bit apprehensive - i think anyone would be, health issues aside - but know that you'll be great. it's wonderful that you have someone to accompany you as well. i'll be thinking of you & eagerly awaiting the news of how it went.

B) melissa

bump...

GOOD LUCK ERNIE...YOU"LL BE GREAT!!!