Suggestion About Our "Signature Line"

JacobyD

Hi all! I hope this post finds everyone doing as well as possible. I haven't posted in a very long time, but have been following everyone's progress whenever I can.

There are so many posts referring to "symptoms" that could have so many causes, be it our diagnosis, the medications we take, or any combination of these.

I quite often read posts that start out "I recently started feeling symptom X. Does anyone else get this and if so, what can I do about it?".

Usually the first reply is something like "Hi. I have heard of this. What is your current diagnosis? Are you taking medication X?".

I thought it might be a good idea to use our signature lines to briefly describe our condition and list the medication(s) we are taking. It might help people recognize a symptom and relate their own experience. For example, some of us get very agitated from medications like SSRIs.

Just a thought. I would like to start contributing again and its difficult to keep up with everyone's diagnosis and current medications.

You can edit your "signature line" by selecting "My Controls", then "Personal Profile", then "Edit Signature". I just updated mine as shown below.

Best,

Dan

This is a very good suggestion.

I belong to a forum for those with esophogeal cancer and their caregivers. Everyone on that forum has a signature that identifies them as a patient or caregiver, the date of diagnosis, and a short summary of the treatments received so far.

This has been very useful to me to find others with my husband's same kind of cancer and treatment.

I think it will be a big help to all of us on this forum, too.

Now to test out my new signature:

Dan,

Great idea.

Hope you have a good day,

Lisa

Hi Steph,

Maybe I got mixed up with another option. Correct me if I am wrong. I remember some people were posting some words of wisdom or their hobbies after they had written their name at the end of their answer. It was in a different font and seemed to be printed automatically. I have checked a few posts but I cannot find an example of what I am talking about. Either I am imagining the whole thing or we don't have that option anymore!

Thanks

Ernie

Dan-

welcome back. i'm new on this forum since you've been around but remember you from when i posted on NDRF years ago. it's good to "see" you.

thanks for the idea...i'd had random thoughts at times but was afriad that we'd all end up with paragraphs on end at the end of each post. i'm pleasantly surprised at everyone's conciseness thus far & do think it will make things easier to follow. i just hope it didn't take others as long as it took me to get things "short". lol.

Ernie-

you're not imagining things. this feature though is the signature line that dan described doing, and you have it on your post...that's how the "POTS/NCS" is showing up. so...whatever you did to get that is the way to put whatever you'd like to put at the end of your posts. you can play with colors, fonts, etc....let me know if you have any other questions & i can be more specific, but whether you know it or not you seem to have done it correctly!

:rolleyes: melissa

• 2 weeks later...