Small victories count

Pistol

Well - over the weekend two female friends boasted about their recent accomplishments: one changed her front brakes and one ran a marathon. I certainly celebrated with them but also thought: as a POTS Sufferer - what small victories could I celebrate? ( I am assuming that everyone here knows that mechanical labor and  ANY form of speeding would be counter-productive ? ) -- So - here are MY small victories: I cleaned my fridge Friday, I cleaned my shower today, I WILL attend my daughters dance recital.   And - on top of that - I have only been reconditioning from a flare for 4 weeks. 

Anyone who knows what it is like to become bedridden from the simple act of brushing your teeth will know that THIS IS VICTORY!!!!!!! 

Guest ANCY

Got to go sit on a saddle! Not on a horse, but working toward that goal by end of summer. We named the "riding stump" woody and thoroughly confused the horse. Lol! Only passed out once so we call it a success. 

Some amazing accomplishes!   It is times like these that having a like button would be really handy!

At work while talking to a client, I got really severe abdominal pain out of the blue.  I managed to stay focused, even when feeling pain and light headed - with the client non the wiser.   The pain went as quickly as it arrived.

I DID IT!!!!! I went to my daughters dance recital ( drive to and from, rehearsal, restaurant and recital = 11 hours in all ). The recital was over 2 hours long, in a huge college auditorium cramped full, loud music, flashing lights, applause - you can imagine. With my eyes only focused on my special dancer I made it through and am glad that I did. I had been dreading it for weeks, afraid of not being able to be conscious through the whole event, but I did - and I am so proud!!! And my daughter was sooo happy to finally have me there with her! 

To all of you fellow heroes: Salute!!!!!!