Another option other than Propranolol

I was wondering which beta blocker might be good for my daughter's tachycardia.  The propranolol she's on is making her gain weight and it is making her body even more uncomfortable than it already is.  She has a very small frame and the extra weight equals extra stress on it.  Anybody have any good ones that don't have weight gain as a side effect?

I have found that beta blockers are highly individual. I have tried several, with different reasons to discontinue them. What helps me the most is Coreg but only in addition to other meds such as diltiazem and others. Unfortunately the right medication regime for POTS is only found by trial-and-error. I wish you both the strength and courage to keep trying!

Have you spoken to your daughter's doctor? Before I was put on Propanolol, my cardiologist emphasized that there were a dozen other meds of this type we could try if Propanolol's side-effects were too much for me. 

I struggle on the other end of weight (have trouble keeping it & not related to this medication) so I can't speak to this particular side effect... I just wanted to lend some encouragement that there's definitely other options. Everyone responds differently and I hope that raising this specific concern with her doctor would help them narrow down some options.
I hope you find what works best for her and that she finds some relief soon!

I’ve been on acebutolol for several years now and have had a good result without any side effects. I tried atenolol and betaxalol before that but had problems with both. I agree that it’s definitely trial and error, hopefully you’ll find something that works.

Thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement!  I do wish there was a break in here somewhere, but, alas, none in sight!  I will send her doctor a message tomorrow, or maybe tonight so that she gets it in the morning!  Sounds like there are quite a few out there to try, so that is great!!  She was on atenolol while in the hospital right after her surgery because they didn't have any IV propranolol.  Actually, the atenolol worked fine for the 10 days she was there.  Not sure if we would have noticed if there were side effects, as they would probably have been overshadowed by the surgery pain.  Thank you!!

One tip: if she has to start on BB - give them a chance. For the first few weeks she might feel tired and dizzy but this is normal and in most people goes away after a few weeks. The body has to adjust to them. 

If propranolol is doing the job bar the side effects I have had success in doing daily adjustment of the dose depending on how over activated things feel.

Somedays I only "need" 20mg but others its 160mg. Since doing this I have lost around 5kg without trying and I'm noticably less tired. I think the best dose for me seems to be the absolute minimum that will prevent an unreasonable upright heart rate.