feeling drugged...

Hi folks...

hope everyone is doing ok..

I was wondering, do any of you ever wake up in the morning and feel like you have been drugged?

Like really groggy and lathargic? can barley hold your eyes open or lift your head upoff the pillow feeling?

I wake up sometimes like that, this morning, and seriously I felt like somebody had drugged me. Most of the time when this happens i sleep it off, and end up sleeping a good part of the day, and once i do get up, an hour or 2 later I have to go lay back down.

I was just curious... is this part of that crazy potsy feeling?

Yep Diz, I've sure been there. When I was on neurontin, and they upped my dose from 900 mg per day to 1200, I was a zombie. Also, even without meds, I get this way sometimes. I think my sleep cycle gets off kilter and I just feel dopey all day.

Hope it passes for you quickly. Nina

OMG yes...I been like that this past week almost every day! I found that a lukewarm shower or bath helps also forcing yourself outta bed and downing a few glasses of water.

I hate the feeling it makes me feel so useless...

THANK GOD!!!!!!! I'm not alone!!

I'm not going crazy after all....

Nice to know that others are feeling dopey like I do! LOL :):D:P

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

YES!

I usually describe this to my husband as "I feel like I've been hit by a truck"!

I can barely even walk to the kitchen to eat breakfast on mornings like this.

Lisa

YES YES and YES.

a couple of things that help me include:

-taking my meds before getting up is a must for me. otherwise i'm really not too safe to be up & about. when i'm using an alarm this means i set two - a half hour apart from one another - and have fluids by my bed ready to drink with meds. then i either lay there half-awake for a while or doze again for a half hour or so.

-DDAVP at night. the docs at vandy realized that my urine output overnight was WAY higher than norm so that i was waking up super dehydrated. this wasn't an obvious realization for me b/c of my bladder dysfunction. that is, i wasn't waking up overnight to pee, but it ended up my bladder was almost dangerously full every AM when i cathed, despite having cathed right before going to bed. the med has helped me out to some degree...

that said, i still have my rougher mornings that i can't seem to pinpoint to anything in particular. the last few have been really tough, although without the above they may have been days that i was entirely stuck in bed all day.

you're definitely not alone in this area...

:-)melissa

Oh my God, i have a lot of trouble getting up in the mornings, but not every day.

I'm not having a good day today, was supposed to be up and at college at 7 slept through my alarm and didn't get up til after one this afternoon, went back to bed at about three and got up agin at five. i'm just so tired i feel like i've run a marathon!

Hi Dizzygirl:

All I can say is: YES YES YES, every day of my life!!! We should call it the Sleeping Beauty Syndrome! I'm still wondering what apple I ate. You are truly not alone!! If you ever find a good remedy for this, please post it!!! Take care.

KathyP :)

I should also add, that when I was very young, I would get up to go eat breakfast, and was so weak and dopey that I couldn't hold my spoon long enough to scoop up cereal. My step-mother thought I was just being overly dramatic, but in fact, I was too mentally whipped to concoct any such acting. I just couldn't coordinate my muscles.

Nina

Me too!!!! I just lie in bed and feel paralyzed almost. I try and turn a low lamp on my night stand on (have it hooked to a dimmer I can touch because I don't have the ability to lean up and turn on the light, too weak). And then I turn the TV on low and just try and get into trying to get up. When I take my BP at these times it's always around 74/44. That's what I attribute this "feeling drugged" feeling to. Low BP! I try and drink water and sit up a little. UGH!