I can't quench my thirst!

Lisa

Lately I've been drinking bottles and bottles of water, but no matter how much I drink my thirst will not be at all satisfied. My stomach becomes so full of water that I almost want to vomit, but I want to keep drinking despite this because I am just constantly thirsty!

I was wondering if any one experiences this and if it is POTS related. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I was recently put on Florinef and my POTS symptons seem to be pretty much under control. I even started exercising! I'm just having this thirst problem!

Thanks

-Lisa

PS: Plus I have to use the bathroom like every 10 minutes which is really inconveinent!

Oh can I relate! When I first became ill with POTS I craved water. I drank glass after glass and could never quench my thirst.

I can tell you that this symptom can improve...I still drink a lot of water, but I no longer have that unquenchable thirst.

In retrospect, I now wonder if desmopressin may have helped this symptom. Hopefully the florinef will help you to retain water and be less thirsty. One thing I found that did help me was drinking pedialyte.

My heart goes out to you. I know this is a miserable symptom. ;)

Michelle

I have this problem too, all the time- I also drink tons, take Florinef, and use the bathroom constantly- so I'll be curious to see what advice others have for this problem. I find it is worst at night when I'm alseep- I wake up with dry mouth and have to chug a glass of water. Ugghhh!!

Yeah, I used to drink and drink and drink. It was crazy at how much water I drank. When I was finally diagnosed with POTS in the ER they had said I was dehydrated, they thought that was my problem and I thought if I'm dehydrated with all that I drink God help every body else ;) I have been on ProAmatine for over a year and have found that I do not require the amount of water I used to and that I don't crave it as much. Still drink more than others but not like I did??

I had excessive thirst and urination but only after taking calcium supplements and then intermittently it would come back and then go away (but the tachycardia and sweating stayed). Strange symptom and hard to tolerate I know.

One thing I wonder is whether water is the best thing to drink? I mean, salt goes where water goes so if we take in a lot of water won't it flush out the sodium and it seems we need more salt to retain the water right? Just curious...I drink soda myself which I know isn't healthy but it does have sodium so I figure it helps.

I get this crazy thirst too, and no amount of water seems to help! I hate that feeling ;) I agree that just water doesn't seem to do the trick, it'll go right through me when I feel like that. Anywith with lots of salt is good - I usually go for canned soup or a pickle - and then follow up with lots of water.

ps - good for you for exercising :)

Pam