Butterflies in my chest

I have recently been experiencing some of the heart palpatations and this weird butterfly feeling. Like flutters? Now here's the weird part, I mostly feel it on my right side of my chest. I can feel a slower beating there but have a hard time feeling my heart beat on the left side. Maybe it's just the vibrations from the left side but I can put my hand on the right side and feel the beating. It's not very fast and my husband can feel it to. Does anyone else experience this. I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy but this just baffels me. My husband keeps picking on me, saying "no wonder why you are so sensitive, you've got two hearts"

Dayna

Dayna, sometimes people can what are called referred sensations, such as pain. For example, the gall bladder is in the upper right side of your stomach, but a certain percentage of people feel their pain on the left side. You may have some very deep muscle twitching as it is very common, and it feels too deep to be a muscles but is anyway. Heart can oten feel fluttery like butterflies, and sometimes it would be possible to feel it on the right, depending on how hard the heart is working. I think that's very sweet, what you hubby said. :) morgan

I get those fluttery feelings often. I have mitral valve prolapse, so this feeling is common in those with MVP. A little scary at first, but I've become accustomed to the butterflies now! I don't usually feel anything on my right side. Like Morgan said, many people can experience referred pain/feelings. If this is a new symptom and you're worried about it, you can always mention it to your cardio. But I suspect it's just par for the course! :)

Gena

I would definitely have it checked out. Your doctor might want you to wear a monitor for a couple of days or weeks to see if they can pick up that rhythm.

I sometimes have flutters and was diagnosed with non-sustained V-tach.

Just consult your doctor and see what they say to be sure :)

I get those weird butterfly-like feelings in my chest. I am pretty sure most of them are in fact muscle twitches, as Morgan mentioned. I get little twitches all over my body but often they are in my chest area.

Other times I don't know what causes this fluttery feeling.

Amy

I recall from one echo cardiogram I had (ages ago) that my heart is not in the "normal" left portion of my chest. It's more in the center. So feeling my heart beat on either side would not be strange for me. I also tend to get lots of muscle ticks which look like heart beats but are unrelated to my pulse.

Such strange (and wonderful) creatures we humans are.

EM