A bunch of Dr. Appts today

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I really am following up on those appointments, as promised to myself and to you.

EEG at 10:30 (I've seen on film that I have a brain, now I get to find out how it works!)

GYN at 1:30 (ouch, ouch, oh... and OUCH!) Been in lots of lower back pain, and a very deep pain that is hard to describe. Hope he can figure it out w/o doing another exploratory or colposcopy.

talk to you later!

Pincushion Mouse

Hi Nina,

well you have a busy day today! I always hate to go to my gyn!!!!

Good luck, hope you get through all of this well!

Corina

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better: I've had some bloodwork done today as well. And you know what? They've done it at my home B)

Best wishes from one pincushion to another :P

Not sure if my brain waves or normal, but my brain MRI's were normal (um, I say that with some degree of reservation as they did NOT report the 2 pineal cysts that I KNOW have been there for more than 15 years...).

The eeg was interesting. I scared the tech because during the hyperventilation part, my heart rate was out of this world. He didn't have a numeric read out, but it was "the fastest he's ever seen". I'll bet it was above 200, as I was -> <- this close to passing out, even though I was lying down. I still have adhesive goobers in my hair. It'll take a few days for them to work their way out.

The Gyn was a bit more trying. Having an internal done when I'm already in pain, well... OW!!! After several years of ongoing problems I finally gave in today and agreed to try suspending my periods with Lupron for the next 6 months. If that helps, a hysterectomy is in my future as that rules in gyn issues. If it doesn't help, we rule out gyn, and move on to a gastro explanation.

I'll be happily surprised if the Lupron does anything good for me. The only good thing is that if I have a bad reaction, I have off for the summer soon. My first shot is due sometime in the first week of June... my luck is it will probably be the 3rd, when I have my Upper Endoscopy (oooooh I hate those!).

Corina, I'm so jealous... HOME visits would be amazing... heck, I have so many appointments, I'll need a waiting room for my doctors! Nina

Hi Nina,

I am glad your appointments went well. I wonder how accurate the EEG was if they did not see your cyst.

I like the idea of having a waiting room for our doctors!

I feel kind of sorry for you if you need to have a hysterectomy. If it's for your best then go for it.

Ernie

Guest Julia59

Nina,

It sounds like you have some challenges ahead with that medication (Lupron).

I hope it works out well ---and doesn't give you that same bad reaction as before.

I have been lucky in that department---knock on wood.

I'm sorry you have to deal with any kind of gastro--or gyn issues---it can really put a monkey wrench into your life. I hope they can find answers that can get down to the bottom of it for you.

Aren't those adhesive things fun------ :D I was sick from the glue they used to cook those things on my head.

I'll get some more glued on in june---as my last sleep study was inconclusive. My pulminologist saw I had some issues though when I started to doze off---so another has to be done--this time two nights.

I am surprized your MRI didn't catch those pineal cysts. They usually pick up, but it can also depend on who reads them.

Good luck---I hope not too many pins------- :unsure:

Julie :0)

Julia, you know what's strange? I can see the two cysts on the films myself. My last doctor showed them to me on my old films, and there in the same place and about the same size they were before.

Nina

Guest Julia59

Nina,

Was the MRI reading the interpretation of the radiologist or the neurologist?

It is amazing what the difference can be. I have found that sometimes the radiologist will not find nearly as much as the neurologist. But sometimes the neurologist or NSG can be quite dismissive of some things depending on their experience in a given area.

After having many MRI's and some CT scans---I found that to be true.

From what I heard from my other support forum---- Some NSG's have been quite dismissive of some substantial findings on MRI's in the chiari/upper cervical spine area. If some of the people would have stayed with their opinion and not sought another opinion----they may not be here today. These were mainly people who had Chiari or cervical/cranial instability with brain stem involvement who had been dismissed by one of the same NSG's who recently was dismissive of my instability issues.

Unfortunately---if your gut tells you something isn't right----you have to trust it, and take the bull by the horns and pursue it until you are satisfied your well being isn't being compromised.

Take care,

Julie :0)

The reading was from the radiologist. You'd have to be blind to miss the cysts... and the skull fractures are recent and not yet healed. The skull bones are out of alignment and you can't miss them. I'll wait until I see my neuro to decide what to do next.

Thanks, everyone, for helping me keep my promise to go to all my appointments.

Nina