More Energy After Eating Sushi

galatea

For some reason whenever I eat sushi I feel great energy-wise afterwards, whereas when I eat anything else I feel very lethargic for a long while after.

Any idea why this may be? And have any of you found foods that don’t make you feel very tired after eating?

Its high in protein, b-vitamins and amino acids. This makes sense because the book I am currently reading suggest that fish contains many of the nutrients that the mycoplasma bacteria likes to feed on.

Depending on the fish they have omega 3 fatty acids which is great for overall health and brain health :) I read that eating foods with omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids help brain fog :) nuts also contain omega 3 :)

Yogini, yes it definitely feels better than eating other fish meals - it actually gives energy rather than just being neutral.

Juneflower, I’ve already tried a gluten free diet and I didn’t feel any better, but yes maybe I’m intolerant to something.

Artluvr09 and looneymom, thanks, will definitely look into those foods.

Also, anyone else find that pasta is the absolute worst for energy and bloating?

I used to find sushi gave me a real power surge. I found the positive energy response when I ate it surprising to the point that I wondered if it wasn't 'all in my head' lol, Unfortunately, I developed food intolerances to foods containing salicylates, amines, and glutamates and now can no longer eat it.

blue

By the way, most soy sauce has gluten in it....and rice is a carb and carbs usually don't help POTS much, Despite the carbs I find i feel much better. That's why I think it's the sodium in the soy sauce. One tbsp of regular soy sauce can have 900mg of sodium, which is an obscene amount.