Northera

ken870

I am waiting patiently for its release in the US. I called Chelsea Labs in North Carolina and they said it would take until about Labor Day to get on the market. FDA approved it on Feb 14 th. This drug is also know as Droxidopa and has been used in Asian countries for over 20 years. It will also be used for Fibromyalgia , but was approved for OI. My bp can get as low as 56/39 and I have passed out once. I wish I could figure out about getting it from another country if it would be legal.

isn't the Northera supposed to be for those with orthostatic intolerance? My doctor said that it won't work for pots, but for those diagnosed with low standing blood pressure, or whatever they call it, or for those who faint.The catch is that it may increase the blood pressure when you lie down. I thought the FDA had already approved this medication...

I live in Sweden and I don't exactly know how off-label use of unapproved drugs/new use of approved drugs in other countries works. Your doctors should know?

It is an pretty expensive drug, but it totally changed my life. So I think it's worth the cost.

May be Droxidopa will work on just a few of us. An example for better understanding: I have to be in activity all the time otherwise I'll get bad. I "stressed" myself at work, at home, everywhere and so I could avoid to faint or to feel bad. You can guess what I think about sleeping ;-) When I take Droxidopa I don't have to be in action as much as in the past, but I still don't tolerate longer inactivity. I feel disabled in many ways, but now I'm functioning much better and quality of life has changed in a unbelievable way. In the past most days where bad, now I have many god days and there are moments without symptoms.

(I hope you understand me :unsure:. When I moved to Sweden I lost all the languages I've learned and eaven my mothertongue is getting worse... Speaking is easier than writing, but I do my best :P)

Drops, your writing is ok. I know what you mean regarding staying on the move. If I slow down, my b/p drops considerably. I did not realize you lived in Sweden, but northera has not been approved in Sweden, as far as I know, only Asia countries have been approved and has been over 20years. I wished I could get about 3 or 4 just to see how it works. It will be around Sept 1 st 2014 before they get distribution set up in the US.

Hi, i was just reading an article about this med and I believe they supposed to make final decision by march 28 here in US. I just wonder if it would be appropriate for people with already elevated NE upon standing. Mine is elevated when i stand, and doctor says i am hyper pots, but my BP is low and drops when i stand.

Ohh i cant wait to find a drug that could bring my life back. I am so happy for you dops that you found a med that helps you.

I called Chelsea Labs regarding when this drug will be distributed in the US market . I received a call back from them and it will be the second half of the year. Much too long. I wanted to book a European River boat cruise for 15 days the last of July but I am concerned about my low b/p. I need this drug really bad now. Any ideas!! Japan has been selling this drug for 20 years. Since it is now approved for the US, seems if I had a contact in Japan I could get the drug and it would be legal. I might need a doctor in Japan to write RX and I do not think that is going to happen. Any ideas???

Check it with your physician. The one I take is called Dops and I get it from Japan. But it is expensive! almost 400 dollars... Good Luck!

. Your forum name is Dops and the medicine is called Dops , very interesting. I believe you would have to get a doctor from Japan to write the RX and I do not believe a doctor in Japan is going to write RX not knowing you. How did you get it done? Do you live in the US?

I live in Sweden and my doctor prescribes this medicin to me. But it is an off-label use because it is an unapproved drug in my country. The medicine comes from Japan and my drugstore imports it to me. Have you tried to get Droxidopa? I think it is quite common that doctors prescribes off-label medicines in special cases. In the US you use off-label drugs t.ex. in cancer treatment, so I think it works in other cases too. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/treatmenttypes/chemotherapy/off-label-drug-use