Compression Clothing

My cardiologist suggested that I have a look on amazon at compression clothing because he though it might be helpful for me. However he didn't say what kind of compression clothing or what level of compression would be best, so I'm kind of in a quandary as to what to get! :)

Has anyone had any luck with things like sports compression socks? Or are the only things that will help a Potsie the extremely firm compression waist high things?

I expect these questions have all been asked before, so sorry about that.

But thanks in advance for any help,

Lyla

I have a variety depending on my activity level. 10-20 for up and down days, 20-30 if I'm on my feet consistently. If I'm up and down a lot, but sitting primarily, I wear compression workout shorts , not prescription. I found compression workout pants at the thrift store. My prescription strength was covered under insurance because I met my deductible last year so I got a few different styles.

I have wondered abut this myself. I currently only have stockings that go to my knees, although the doc wants to try me on waist high. I wear my stockings when I go out, but at home, I normally don't unless it's a busy day and I need the extra support, even though I'm currently in a wheelchair.

• 3 months later...

I know that some compression socks you have to carefully measure your leg in various different places to make sure you get the right size so you don't damage your leg. But I don't seem to fit any of the sizes, my feet will be one size and my legs another. Does it matter at all if I have a slightly wrong size if the stockings are only 15-20 mmHg?

Thank you,

Lyla

I use medical compression stockings from BrightLeafs and Lace Poet. They really seem to help, and I notice wen I don't put them on. The only compression I've ever tried is the 20-3o mmHg, because I've heard that was the strength recommended by several other POTSies, though I know that everybody has their own thing. I also found mine on Amazon for about or a little less than $20. I think it's probably more important to have the legs fit than the feet, so I would shoot for accuracy there if you have to pick.