Best In Afternoon, Worst At Night.

SeattleRain

I read a lot of people here feel best at night and the mornings are the hardest for them.

I seem to be the opposite and it's just another sign to me that I may not have POTS. Sleep is like a recovery period for me, the morning is alright and by noon (several hours after waking up) I feel at my peak for the day. Then, it's slow down hill from there. Within an hour of going to sleep I my symptoms become more prominent. My heart feels like there's a sliver in it or like not enough blood is going in.

Just trying to figure out if any other POTS patients experience this and any ideas for what else I could try getting tested for beside the usual suspects.

Nights are usually the worst for me. Although mornings are bad when I don't sleep at night. I have rediculous insomnia but once I fall asleep I'm ok.

Nights are a Nightmare for me right now!

My body refuses to let me sleep well. I am currently wearing a heart monitor for 3 weeks because I have so many more heart issues at night. It's like every time I just fall asleep I get some kind of jolt awake. I will get a really weird feeling in my chest and sometimes my heart races, especially if I sit up. I also tend to get my crazy shaking/tremor/convulsion thingys at night. Then anxiety sets in. It's really ridiculous and I would just love to have a sound nights sleep!

Mornings aren't too good either though because I tend to feel sick and weak.I don't have bp issues like a lot of others either so not exactly sure why I feel so weak and dizzy sometimes.

My good times tend to be later in the day or evenings.

I also start to think that I don't have POTS because I have been dx'd yet, even though my doc really thinks I do.

I am currently taking 50 mg. of Metoprolol XL. I usually take 25 in the am and 25 in PM, the cardiologist that I saw yesterday said to try taking all 50 at night before I go to bed and see if that helps any. I guess we'll see. I do know that I had no less than 9 episodes last night that I recorded and then called the number to download it. She said that if it was anything life threatening they'd tell me to go to the hospital.