Parasites Causing Blood Loss

SeattleRain

I was about to take a shower when one of my dogs came to say hello. He sat down on the shower mat, I petted him for a minute then when he got back up I noticed something on the shower mat. Then, I noticed it MOVING! (Oh, the horror!) Upon closer examination it appeared to be some type of parasitic worm (pretty small). I have de-worming meds that I gave both of my dogs right away but naturally (being paranoid) my first thought was "Oh my God, I hope these things aren't in me".

I've been reading up on different types of parasites that can live in humans that can cause blood loss, anemia, iron deficiency, fatigue etc etc.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever got tested for parasites or anything?

"One study found that 46% diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome actually had parasites responsible for the symptoms"

Yeah, Seattle ----we all have parasites (of sorts - like bacteria, protozoa, worms, other types organisms) - it's just when our bodies don't fight them off properly and they become a problem that there are issues. There are tiny bacteria and things on our skin - these are a sort of parasites. But, some of us are finding out that we have a protozoa (one celled organism) in our blood. I also have a co-infection of a bacteria that could have come from a tick bite in the past. The protozoa they think is either from ticks or mosquitoes. So, to answer your question ----yes ----some of us are finding this. Look at the thread that Angela told you about. It's rather long now . . . .but, we keep adding more info to it as we get it.

Issie

Seattle...often if you can actually see a "worm" that has come out of your dog, it is a piece of tapeworm. Most regular wormers don't treat for tapeworm. So you may want to go to your vet or local pet store to get a wormer that will cover that. And I should warn you that if it is a tapeworm, it will be completely disgusting and completely amazing when it passes as it is unbelievable that they can get so large.

I had cod worms a year ago from eating cod with worms. I got the cod from a local publix. I didn't

see the worms until I was 1/2 thru eating this. They hide between the thick layers of meat. Other fish can

have worms too. I now break up all the layers of al fish and cook it completely.

One showed up in my stool so it was easy to figure out that I had them.

I had another type of parasites too but I can't remember the name. I have a thread here on this tho.

I've heard that metametrix is the best test for these since it looks for dna. And the others miss

parasites. I'm not familiar with the blood test tho.

This infection made my oi worse but after treating I just went back to the oi I had prior to treating.

Tc ... D

I considered parasitic inf in the beginning because of the severe gi issues and weight loss, but all tests were clean, thank goodness...ewwwwwwwww.....but in a way Id rather have a parasite than pots ...=( ( not sure if I trust the tests though they are so flawed)

Last year when I spent the 12 days in the hospital parasites and worms were considered heavily especially since we have a couple dogs, barn cats, horses and my husbands grandparents and parents (we live 4 miles away from) have cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, chicken, etc. and well since I love to love on all the animals the doctors thought it might just be the answer. however, after much looking and testing they never found anything concrete but did order some lovely dewormer (?) pills for me to take, it took 3 days for the hospital to get them, and they looked identical to the same worming pills I get from the vet for our dogs. So it may be worth asking your doctor about. I know a few years ago my husbands grandmother decided to worm herself using ivermectin (that we give to cattle and horse) and said she felt a huge amount of benefits and did "pass" some well I am guessing worms? A lot of other members of the family did it as well and stated the same thing, but I was too nervous to try it. However, there is research out there about using it for humans. Here is some info on it for humans, I believe in this link they used the "human" type opposed to the "cattle and horse" type my "family" did : )

http://www.medicinenet.com/ivermectin-oral/article.htm

Very interesting! Thanks for posting. The joy of Learning new information here. I love it!

One of my friends that has many of the same symptoms I do ,gets a human dewormer (I would imagine they use the more correct term of anthelmentic, although I'm not sure) from a homeopathic pharmacy near her. She uses it once or twice a year now but the first time she said she definitely passed worms and felt better afterward (not cured but better.)

I had cod worms a year ago from eating cod with worms. I got the cod from a local publix. I didn't

see the worms until I was 1/2 thru eating this. They hide between the thick layers of meat. Other fish can

have worms too. I now break up all the layers of al fish and cook it completely.

One showed up in my stool so it was easy to figure out that I had them.

I had another type of parasites too but I can't remember the name. I have a thread here on this tho.

I've heard that metametrix is the best test for these since it looks for dna. And the others miss

parasites. I'm not familiar with the blood test tho.

This infection made my oi worse but after treating I just went back to the oi I had prior to treating.

Tc ... D

Thanks for info!

I am honestly never, ever, ever eating fish again. If I do it's going dry as cardboard by the time I'm through with it. I can't handle the thought of parasitic worms in my food.