Imapumpkin - Heart Surgery Tomorrow

Imapumpkin,

I don't know if you'll be checking in here tonight or not, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you have your heart surgery tomorrow. I posted it on here instead of in a PM so that others will be reminded to do the same - strength in numbers :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery and please let us know how it went whenever you get a chance.

((hugs))

Thanks for reminding us Peace.

Imapumpkin, know that your friends here at dinet are thinking about you.

I wish you all the best, and a speedy recovery.

Take good care of yourself.

Hugs,

Alex

Thx for posting this P...Ive been thinking about Pumpkin but couldnt remember exactly when the surgery was.

Pumpkin, U are in my prayers and thoughts for comfort and strength. In 24 hours in will be a part of ur past and u will only be stronger. U have been very helpful and kind to all my questions and confusion since I joined this forum and I can only hope this experience will alleviate some, if not all of ur symptoms with having a stronger healthy heart. Please keep us posted AFTER u have rested and are feeling better. Much love and hugs, Sarah :wub:

Thank you all so much for your kind words and your well wishes. It means a great deal to me that you are keeping me in your thoughts and I so appreciate all the support, and that you remembered the date of my surgery.

Due to two of my surgeon's patients needing emergency operations in the next 48 hours, my hospital called and had to bump my surgery to Monday. I completely understand that these patients need to be moved to the front of the line. I just did not expect to have 4 more days of very acute stress and anxiety ahead of me as I have been steeling and preparing myself to go under tomorrow...we were a mere 3 hours away from leaving for the city when I got the call. I had hoped that by this time tomorrow I might be on the healing side of this operation rather than the waiting and anticipation side, but things like this happen.

I want to thank you all again for thoughts, it means a lot.

ughhhh...so sorry pumpkin, that really stinks. I hope u can try to put it out of ur mind and atleast rest during the few days. The anticipation is awful Im sure. Hang in there and try to let it go for a few hours atleast, maybe watch a good movie and vegg out and relax. =)

me too...will be thinking of you, meanwhile listen to relaxing music, read a good book, watch funny movies. I can't comprehend how scared you must feel but I look forward to seeing you posting in the future about getting thru this and not having to worry about that anymore.

Hi everyone, thank you so much or the positive vibes, good thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I'm finally home from the hospital and my mitral valve was successfully repaired. I am truly thankful to have had such a great surgeon and a wonderful nursing and support staff during my stay. I had prepared myself for the surgery itself but I had no idea what I was in for recovery-wise and I've got about 3 months of recovery ahead of me but things are looking positive. I'm having thoughts like "i can't believe that happened to me..i can't believe i had heart surgery a week ago at 25" and i'm working through the trauma of it and now the recovery but hopefully the hardest part is behind me.

Fun fact about my POTS and surgery: Turns out I can't tolerate any narcotics. The only pain meds I'm allowed are motrin and tylenol. yowch. the hospital also had to put me on metoprolol because my post-op HR has been very high and I am actually tolerating metoprolol after failing at the propranolol. its also really hard to tell what is POTS chest pain and what is post-op heart pain. I will keep everyone here updated on how the valve repair affects my POTS. Again, thank you so much to everyone for all the good wishes.