Dizzy And Feel Like Walking Drunk

yeh, the walking "gait" is a hallmark of POTS, but also in MS, parkinsons, etc. The gait problems come from balance issues in the CNS. I have a type of spinning vertigo which is annoying, I cant play tennis anymore. Elevating my head while sleeping, using 02, and avoiding processed chemicals and caffeine helps. Good luck

I hate this feeling. On days when I have this, I will absolutely not drive because I feel like my reflexes are too slow, like I'm a fraction of a second behind the rest of the world. And drunk is exactly how it feels...like I've been in the vodka bottle. But without having any of the fun. In fact, I told my doctor that he would be safer if I went out and had a drink and drove down the road next to him than when I feel like this...that was the day he pulled me out of work 2 yrs. ago.

anytime blood pooling or chemical release things are going on, it must be natural to get dizzy. Add to that list

digestion issues or BP changes and we have to be really careful.

Even taking showers can be dangerous. Ive never fainted but the danger in that is hitting your head more than

passing out.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this topic on searching for Vertigo.

I notice that what I call "dizziness" is probably better called vertigo, though I am not sure on the definitions. What I feel is a lot like being to drunk, or I have described it as my brain feels like a rap record going briefly round and back repeatedly, and interfering with my thinking. When it is really bad I will fumble things, or bump into things.

I do not really have lightheadness most of the time. ( I have had it but I believe related to my Diabetes or something specific. )

That is my limited understanding of the word dizziness- that it can be divided into lightheadedness or vertigo. It really seems like their are many types though. For example with my dizziness the room does not spin in circles like after you get off a high speed merry go round. Just rapid and brief round and back.

I feel like this often in different situations. But It's usually the worst while I'm trying to make meals for my family. I think bending down and reaching up into cabinets and into the dishwasher makes it worse. And then add the heat from the stove or oven and I'm done. I also can't hold onto objects when this happens, so I break a lot of dishes and spill a lot. As it gets worse, I start to forget what I'm doing and where things are in the kitchen. I have to read recipes over and over and over and I sometimes add the wrong things to the food I'm making. The other day I added garlic powder to oatmeal instead of cinnamon. I've been known to put the milk in the cereal cabinet and put the oatmeal box in the fridge. I frequently hold on to the counter to regain my balance.

I have vertigo only at night. Right after laying in bed I sometimes feel the room spinning. It gets so bad that I have to get up or I will throw up.