Big Accomplishment Today!

hholmes13

Hi All! Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing okay. I'm just really excited because I had a huge accomplishment today that a few months ago I never would've guessed I'd be able to do. I spent all day walking around in the heat at "The Great Minnesota Get Together" (aka the state fair) and came home tonight (this also included traveling a little over an hour each way) and ran 3 miles in 30 minutes! I feel fantastic right now. I was completely wiped out after the fair and feeling super sore and achy. My run really helped to stretch out my muscles. A few months ago, I couldn't even get through a shower without getting out quickly to lay down. Getting dressed was even a struggle some mornings. Mestinon has been amazing for me. It has helped to give me my life back. I think all the cardio I've been doing is also helping even out my hr some. I noticed after my run, it didn't take very long for it to come back down to a more normal level.

Anyway, I hope I don't sound like I'm boasting or anything. Totally not my intention! I just know you all can appreciate progress in this area more than anyone else I know! :)

So happy for you....it's nice to read the recovery posts...it's not boasting at all. We're all looking for success and for me it's just as good when it's someone else's. Accomplishments like that are huge. And what better way to celebrate than with the people who really understand what that means. I so psyched. Cheers

Thanks everyone!!

Libby - I was a runner before POTS. Definitely not a superstar or anything though. I ran track all through high school and have kept it up off and on ever since. It has always been my favorite way to exercise and my source of stress relief. I hadn't been able to run since April 2011...so these past few weeks since I have been at it again have been awesome! I just have to watch how much I do because EDS has made my joints more prone to a lot of pain in recent years.

sue1234 - I never really had my POTS classified and never had my catecholemines tested so not sure if I'm hyper or not. I'm guessing not though because my bp tends to run lower. (usually 90/50-100/60) Although...it's confusing because my neurologist said that they like to think of most of us POTsies as being somewhat hyperadrenergic.

Thanks. I wrote it incorrectly up in my last post...I meant to say that you thought the mestinon was helping. I asked my new doctor about trying Mestinon, and he looked it up, and said no. I am hyperPOTS, diagnosed by results of TTT only, no labs. I was so hoping to try it, as I have a super slow gi tract and knew that it worked on speeding that up.

Wonderful, when we are able to feel more "normal" to do everyday things...very happy for you :) . I wondered how that medication would work for POTS. I've been on supplements to improve my energy, and they have done the same for me. Whatever works to improve our energy is super!!