Anyone Heard Of Dr. Kyprianou?

I have heard a lot about her and the center. All good things. She is in the Dallas area. They do have a FB page if you are on FB, I believe it is under Pots Treatment Center. Even the woman who wrote the book POTS: Together We Stand took her daughter (she and her children have pots I think) to the Pots Treatment Center and she's been singing its praises ever since. Check it out on FB. Hope this helps:)

In my opinion, it all depends on WHY you have POTS as to whether biofeedback will help. For instance, if you have POTS due to autoantibodies blocking the receptors that make your blood vessels constrict, all the biofeedback won't override the pathophysiological condition that caused the POTS.

Same for things like Chiari, etc. Your body is overreacting(POTS) as a compensatory reaction.

I agree with Sue1234. You only see the people singing her praises because that's all they post about on the website. I spent two weeks there and have since tried to be consistent with the home care, but have had zero symptom relief with POTS. I know two other girls that had the same results, but you don't hear about us. I get immediate symptom relief with gluten free diet and exercise so not sure what that says about my case.

I think it's worth a shot if you have the time and money.

I Went there last month and couldn't do the treatment I was to sick from the car ride and ended up sicker when I got home than when I left. Its not set up for people sick as I am, I can't sit . You have to look at a computer screen the whole time and my eyes are very sensitive to that so it made me sick and I couldn't do it. But Dr K is very nice and I think she is more of a biofeedback expert not so much a pots expert. I think if your man symptom is tachycardia and you dont have much neuro symptoms it can sure help. It is a lot of relaxation techniques and breathing. DOn't let the name confuse you its not a big treatment center its a regular Doctors office on the 10th floor of a building. I know it has helped some but def not a cure by any means. Even if i started feeling better enough to go and do it I wouldn't unless my insurance covered it.

This is just my opinion and I didn't get to do any of it except 2 treatments.

I agree with Sue1234. You only see the people singing her praises because that's all they post about on the website. I spent two weeks there and have since tried to be consistent with the home care, but have had zero symptom relief with POTS. I know two other girls that had the same results, but you don't hear about us. I get immediate symptom relief with gluten free diet and exercise so not sure what that says about my case.

I think it's worth a shot if you have the time and money.

I agree with you and Sue. I should have considered that...naturally they would only post the positive cases. So sorry for your experience. With POTS, everyone is so different with so many different symptoms and thus, different treatments; what works for some won't necessarily work for others. Once you find relief, I think it is important to stick to what works for you. For me, nothing seems to work. I have considered going to the treatment center as my parents live in Dallas. You mentioned cost; If I might be so bold as to ask what is the cost and does insurance cover it? Here's to hoping you feel well. :)

Its $4000 for 2 weeks and another $1000 for an extra week if you need it insurance may cover it but they only except insurance for locale patients. They still charged me $1000 even though I couldn't do the treatments.

• 2 months later...