How Long To See Gym Results?

Well I took a break from running for about a month. I gave myself tendinitis from the treadmill & I already have a bad knee.. So now I'm trying to get back into the gym. I'm completely med free (besides aspirin gotta have it for my hole in my heart) soo.. Im curious as to how long it should take to start seeing some results? Cardiovascularly wise? Dr Levine says we should be cured (kidding) after 3 months, right? Im really looking to lower my resting HR. it's like 70 right now ;( kinda high for a 27 year old. My goal is 65... Any ideas how long it takes? I'm trying to do 30mins of cardio everyday at 75% of my target HR. (without hurtingy knee) I will slowly get back to 60 mins 5 x a week. Anyway, to all the exercisizers what is a realistic expectation in HR reduction? Thanks

I do not think anyone on this forum can predict your response to exercise. After 6 months of Dr. Levine's program with an additional 3 months, for a total of 6 months, my rhr is 77, so you are doing better in that area than I am. Then again, I'm 61 years old.

My resting heart rate was 85 until last month, now it is in the 70s. It took me two years of 3x a week yoga to get it there. Plus walking three miles several times a week. Even when my HR was higher, my doctor never was never concerned because as Kalamazoo said, it was under 100.

It's difficult to predict your response to exercise, even for people without POTS there is a wide range in how quickly your body can adapt to physical stress.

For me it takes about 1-1.5 months before I begin noticing results and at about 3 months where I was feeling my best.

I have been exercising for years and not cured of POTS, though improved my functionality. I dont think it has changed my resting HR at all. I'd say that I felt slight improvement starting a couple of weeks after exercise. If you gave up running only for a month, though, you may not have lost the benefits of your prior exercise. And 70 is quite normal for a resting HR.

I actually felt a little worse before I felt better. Was starting to question if I was ready for exercise but noticed that I had a few better days inbetween the bad. I stuck with my exercise routine but I am heavier on the weight training and less focused on the cardio - just cause my resting HR is 90 and it jumps so quickly.....mentally I just can't push myself yet. It took me only a month to notice a difference. I'm not cured - not even close - it's a daily battle with POTs and I think I was really hoping it would go away. My mental game is my biggest barrier right now just trying to live with the plateau and get around the fear that I might get sick again.