Anyone Here Have Pots As A Result Of Vaccine Damage?

I ask because I developed POTS as one of the many symptoms I got from a vaccine injury following a flu shot 5 years ago. I mean I've had this for five years. I was perfectly healthy, got the flu shot, then the next day fell ill with the strangest symptoms and have been sick ever since (which has been over 5 years now). After all the research I've done I realize vaccines can actually destroy nerve cells and cause serious neural damage so I'm wondering if that's what happened to me and how I'd find out. But I know vaccines cause metabolic and immune damage as well so I'm wondering if anyone else developed POTS after a vaccination and found out exactly what kind of damage caused it?

Welcome to the group! :) I'm sorry that you have been living with this for 5 years...but glad that you have arrived here so we can all learn from each other.

I did not have a vaccine experience with my onset of Pots, but I did find another post from awhile back where it was talked about. It may be helpful to you if you haven't seen it yet.

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/18024-vaccine-pots/page__p__164476__hl__vaccines__fromsearch__1#entry164476

Oh interesting. I actually found that case report and emailed the doctor that wrote it around 6 months ago. She was located to far away though.

Boy reading through that forum though makes me realize I need to point out that the flu shot has shown to have zero effectiveness. Most vaccines haven't had honest effectiveness studies conducted, but they have been done for the flu shot and they showed at most a 2% difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. That 2% is so small it's considered a statistical error. So without diving into all the other vaccines, there's just no positive effect that can result from a flu shot so there's no reason to get it. Like so many things I wish I had seen the studies on that before I even considered it.

Well I'll be seeing Dr. Amir Zia at the end of July so maybe he'll have some ideas. I find that mainstream doctors typically don't know anything about vaccines and just repeat sales pitches they were told in medical school or from sales reps, so I'm still a bit concerned this doctor will refuse to accept the obvious but we'll see.

I think mine started after a polio vaccine at age 8 along with my sis and a friend of mine (we all got the vaccine at the same time and all have issues with our autonomic systems). My dad had a flu shot and got Guillain Barre from it. It was horrible and not something to take lightly. You can be checked for this disorder and it is known to occur after a flu shot in some people. I won't take vaccinations ---despite my doctors advice. I have no immunity to pneumonia and have issues with my immune system. But, rather take the chance of dying from that, than some horrible pain and paralysis from a vaccine. Not worth taking the chance since I know it has happened in my family and seen what the results can be.

Issie

Just for purely stubborn reasons, I never get the flu shot. Once, about 9 years ago, I got the shot, and had the worst case of the flu. So I swore I wouldn't. It is practically impossible NOT to anymore :) I had already been diagnosed with Autonomic Dysfunction Neuropathy while I was inpatient at a hospital in Dec. and had started IVIG treatments and while I was sleeping one of the nurses came and gave me one. It was written in my chart in error I needed the shot, as you are not supposed have the shot while on IVIG. I did get pretty sick. I reacted to the IVIG pretty much right away but it seemed to be just typical reactions. I had a headache, I was achy, flu like symptoms... I also had hives but my neurologist had also given me a new med that day and he said the hives were from the new med. During my 4th treatment I had an anaplylactic reaction to IVIG and when I went to get bloodwork done to see if any damage had been done- we realized my body was in rejection of the entire treatment and I was very sick. I was never sure if getting that flu shot had anything to do with it.... We will never know I guess.

Jen

Edited by corina

jenglynn Holy crap a nurse came and gave you the flu shot while you were sleeping?? If you didn't sign anything authorizing them to give that to you then you can sue the heck out of them. I always said if someone tried to give me another vaccine i'd fight them to the death. That makes me so mad hearing that.

Naomi I'm in the process of getting a hearing in Vaccine Court just like that ruling you sent me. It's so crooked, the "expert witness" testifying against me is on the payroll of Merck. There's no jury in these courts and the judge (special master they call them) can easily be bribed by pharmaceutical companies too. It's very hard to win.

Midtra, I woke up right as she was poking me. I asked her what that was and when she told me I told her I was getting IVIG infusions and am not supposed to get any vaccines. She got snippy and said that did not include the flu vaccine. I had JUST read the exact opposite the night before. I told her that my info I'd not match up and she needed to find the DR (neuro) who ordered my infusions.

He also promised when I was asking questions about getting IVIG, which I knew nothing about, that I need not worry- "this is a benign procedure with no known risks." Really. USUALLY you sign and are given possible risks for vaccines. The IV itself "could" theoretically pose a risk? He got annoyed and said the risk for ANY complications is less than 99%.

In my case I also was IgA antibidy deficient and the IVIG product they gave me has a relatively high rate of complications. But I didn't find out (my own fault, I guess, I should have studied up more. The only 2 excuses I have is that it all happened so fast... And I was so sick. My organs were shutting down. We couldn't even my BP above 60/40 HR 145+ lying down! 4 treatments into IVIG I had an anaphylactic reaction with my nurse right there thankfully- and when we ran labs it showed I was already in complete rejection. Every body system was affected. Everything is pretty much back to normal now except my kidneys are at the same level a depending on the day they show 35-55% damage. The month of Jan-Feb was just miserable. So sick as my body tried to get it all out. For the most part it is but every 4-6 weeks I will get so sick and I know my body is still working to get the rest out of any cells. I can always tell because every time I had a treatment of IVIG I had an odd taste in my mouth and I will get a horrible outbreak of cold sores. This happens again whenever these spells occur. I will get one or two occasionally but never like this. Usually I would feel it coming a couple days prior and just 1 or 2. With these I wake up with about 20-30 or more all over my mouth, chin and nose. And they are already full blisters. My neuro denies I could have left- well explain why it's in my kidneys and I still have it there? Of course no wrong doing. So I am not sure if it was the flu shot, wrong kind of IVIG or just an "unlucky coincidence" as the neuro puts it. Yeah, I seemed to have my share of those there!

I went to an allergist at my local hospital and he said I was so lucky to be alive, especially after 4 treatments. He said they aren't approved (IVIG) for my specific illness and I had more than a 90% chance oftat happening. I guess that's one of the big problems with these illnesses. You never know who to trust and because there are not any "cures" you're always taking a chance. The allergist could not say if the flu vacinne or the antobidy mistake or a combo of both or neither caused the rejection

Jen

Jen

Naomi I'm in the process of getting a hearing in Vaccine Court just like that ruling you sent me. It's so crooked, the "expert witness" testifying against me is on the payroll of Merck. There's no jury in these courts and the judge (special master they call them) can easily be bribed by pharmaceutical companies too. It's very hard to win.

Maybe you can get some experts to testify on your behalf. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You try to do something good for yourself by getting the vaccine and then end up in this mess. All I can say is I hope the damage is temporary and I hope you win in court.

Maybe you can get some experts to testify on your behalf. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You try to do something good for yourself by getting the vaccine and then end up in this mess. All I can say is I hope the damage is temporary and I hope you win in court.

Yeah my doctor is going to testify for me. He's just so busy he barely has time to write a statement for the court whereas the crooked doctor testifying for the government/court (that's paid by vaccine companies but doesn't want anyone to know that) doesn't even see patients so he has all the time in the world.

I am convinced that the 2009-10 H1N1 vaccine caused my POTS. I got the shot and had my first episode of near-syncope within 10 days, with several following that I wrote off to heat/exhaustion (I was dead tired but didn't know POTS causes it). Then I got a sinus infection in 2010 and have been completely messed up since then. I tried to file a claim for injury but there is a one year window on vaccine-related complaints and it took me two years to get diagnosed thanks to the gaggle of doctors I kept getting passed off to.

Jen I've posted a comment to you at the bottom of this post, please read it.

Hey guys good topic. I'm not sure what the right thing is with all vaccines. One of the causes of pots though can be an immune defect where the body is unable to fight off invading organisms. If you have this then you are never to have a live vaccine according to the medical literature. They say most vaccines are dead, but I believe the nasal flu vaccine is live. So head up on that one. I also had a very painful site reaction to my one and only flu shot and will not be getting one again. The shot is suppose to activate your immune system, well if yours doesn't work right it is pointless, as in my case. If you are some one that gets frequent infections or has trouble recovering from them when you get one. There are tests that can be done to see if your immune system is defective. Many times there are also companion autoimmune disease with it like autoimmune small fiber neuropathy, hashimoto, lichen and lupus like diseases.

I do get ivig for mine, but I was tested to make sure I was compatible for it before starting it, even then because the first product I had too much sucrose in it I had problems with my metabolic system and had a lot of side effects. That particular brand is called carimune and is the one most commonly associated with kidney problems. They believe it is from the sucrose. It is actually being phased out. Once I was switched to privigen a sucrose free one with a better profile all around I have had no problems and it has been helpful.

Jen, I think now that you heard from your allergist/immunologist and he confirmed that with the IGA def, you really should have only been given ivig with in very strick guidelines if at all. I agree with him you are very lucky you survived the reaction. I would think that you do have a medical malpractice claim. If you read the pdr provided on the ivig they gave you it clearly states the risks and they are certainly not 99% or less. I believe that neuro made an error and either did not do the right testing, did not wait for the results of your testing and proceeded with the ivig anyway, or ignored the low iga profile you had. Well I'm not saying you should sue, I do believe a complaint should be made to the hospital and that states medical board, so that a proper investigation is done and that the error does not occur again with another patient. If it happened to you it could happen to another patient. This doctor was rude to you after this from what you said and I believe he knows he made a mistake and could be in hot water for it, so he may have been spinning what he told you to protect himself. There is a time limit on filing these kinds of complaints, so if there is someone to help you do one I would do it sooner rather then later. I know hard with all you've got going on. If you need any help, please let me know. I've gone through this process and fought through it inspite of being sick. So it can be done.

I really praying for you and hope, some kind of testing and treatment helps you soon.

I hope you are getting cared for by a kidney doctor. Also that IVIG should have been well out of your system by now, so I don't know that your problems are because it is still in your system. However, it may have caused problems that you are still having from the initial injury that the treatment caused.

My Dyautonomia symptoms began after I took a week of Vytorin and just progressively got worse. I probably had symptoms before but they were somewhat mild and I didn't realize what was happening. As a nurse, I have received years of vaccinations but got to a point where I just felt they weren't necessary and quit taking them. Now, hospitals are starting to mandate that we all get them. Guess I'll be wearing a mask around since I'll have a medical excuse NOT to receive any vaccinations...that is what the hospitals want to make us do if we can't get the vaccine.