Are You Getting Better?

I've been reading a ton of POTS studies and most say something to the extent that "many pots patients will improve in time" soo have you improved? Even with interventions (meds, exercise,diet etcc..) are you improving? Can you think of a few positive things? For instance:

I still think I have the 30bpm increase, but I'm so much more functional now that my anxiety is reduced. Exercise has really given me more control, and though I probably still have some funky syndrome ... I've improved since my diagnosis.... Soo...

How about you?

That is great! Yes, I am getting better, too! I've noticed it in the past 2-3 months, as compared to how bad off I was from September through February or so. I have more good days than bad ones now and even on the bad days, it is really only a 3-4 hour time block that is bad, not the whole day. So, when that bad time block is occuring, I just try to tell myself to be patient, that it will pass by shortly. I'd say I am maybe at 85-90% of normal most of the time. I am starting to think there is something to the relapse/remission concept, since I've had 3 'relapses' in the past 6 years and they seem to last about 8 months. But, I also suspect my case could have something to do with a magnesium deficiency caused by long term use of proton pump inhibitors that just takes a few months of being off of the ppi and supplementing magnesium to resolve. I hope to start a new post about that topic soon, once I have more time to write and post some article links.

Great post though-it'll be nice to hear about people who are getting better!

Actually I'm getting worse but apparently that can be due to the fact that I'm going through menopause. A patient who had seen Dr Grubb told her it was very possible that menopause would make symptoms worse. I tried controling menopause with HRT but was not successful. I'm thinking about having another go at it.

My case is so..... I don't even know what to say because the doctors at Mayo can't even describe it... but I am having MORE days where I am feeling "better". But I am still having problems with other organs that can't be figured out so it is hard to feel great- kidneys, thyroid, bladder,... but if I were have to judge I would say I am on my way toward better than worse and that is really the first time I can say that. Whether it has to do with the chiropractor or not- who is to say (or placebo- I don't really care). The big thing is that my syncope is still as bad as ever and until I can get that under control as far as I am concerned I am stuck right here.

But better days are better days and I am definitely not one to take them lightly!!!! I have had this flare for a little over a year and it has by far been my worst so I would guess that this is the type of illness that waxes and wanes.

Jen

Dizziness has improved a lot- nausea and other symptoms not so much. Heart rate is also a lot better, practically normal most of the time. I think Florinef and increased fluids/ exercise have been the most helpful. Glad to hear you're doing better too! :)

My dizziness is better, too, puppy, my heart rate and B/P are more normal most of the time on meds. My energy level has increased due to Vitamin D supplements (my blood work showed a major deficiency in D), so I'm not as fatigued either. I still have major vision issues, that I need to get addressed that wax and wane, but all in all, I am improving, too!! Glad to see a positive post :)