Nightly Chills - Cold To The Bone

issie

Does anyone else get really cold at night and have chills - like feel cold to the bone? I do this nearly every night. I don't know if I'm over tired and that is what is causing it or what. I've had my thyroid checked and that appears to be okay. But, I always run low body temps - always. But, this cold to the bone feeling and waves of chills just seems odd to me.

Issie

Oh yes, I feel that way from mid afternoon until bedtime. Cold to the bone is a good description. But I do the opposite and get really HOT at night and into the morning. Never have chills though - makes me think infection- don't chills come with fevers? But your temperature is always low, so I don't know.

Issie,

I get that "cold to the bone" as well and if I don't catch it, it can lead to fully body shakes/tremor. I always have layers of clothing on and blankets nearby to keep it from really sinking in. It definitely does seem to be worse if I'm tired. I've always had a tendancy towards this (feeling cold) anyway, but it definitely is more extreme now. Starting Synthroid (for thyroid issues) didn't warm me up any.

Prior to POTS I would be cold going to bed, but wake up overheated...now I don't heat up at all and I don't seem to sweat {maybe that has to do with very limited exertion, too}. Hmmm...never thought to actually check my body temperature...I'm curious now.

Me too!!!!! Everynight like three hours before I go to bed I get the chills and goose bumps. They only way to get rid of them for me is a hot bath. I was attributing it to midodrine because I know one of the side effects is chills...

I get it everyday too. But, it hits between 1-3 pm and lasts for 2-3 hours. I have to bundle, take hot shower, use heating pad, etc. It often will not go away unless I sleep...that's the part I find to be weird. It's like I have to sleep so my body can reset to normal. Every.Day.

Seems to be a bit of a pattern with being tired. Wonder why? I like blankets on me even in the summer. Yeah, get the chills and the tremors at the same time. So, at least I'm not alone with this odd, weird one. Some reason our bodies are not regulating our temps. Also, why are some of our body temps so low when it's NOT thyroid related? More research coming up ---all.

Issie

I have been cold to the bone for years, summer and winter on a daily base. I always thought this must be how you would feel being dead (which of course you can't feel). Took hot bathes around noon and went to bed warmly dressed to stay warm and sleep and took hot showers around 7 or 8pm to get warm again then went in bed again. Miraculously (to me at least :)) Mestinon solved that for me.