Shaky Hands Anyone?

cmreber

I have never had the steadiest of hands, but ever since all of the "POTS stuff" started, I find that randomly and often now my hands are shaky. Sometimes it's hard to even put on mascara & my handwriting has gotten even worse than it used to be ( which is saying a lot!). I was wondering if any of you have also experienced this and if there seems to be anything that sets it off for you?

It's interesting to know it happens to others! And sorry for all of you that experience this too...it can get really old! I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what sets it off or makes it worse for me. Definitely if I try to have any caffeine, if I'm really tired, or if I have one of those weird adrenaline rushes for no reason. But like, all of today they have been pretty bad & I have been doing nothing but watching movies lol. Perhaps it was Hugh Jackman without a shirt that got the adrenaline going or something hahaha

CM and linj - your posts made me realize two things... 1. I would love for my body to be able to handle a coffee right now and 2. I've been watching the wrong movies... ;) My husband picks out all of the movies and he never picks Hugh Jackman with no shirt...

I do get shaky hands sometimes. A friend came for a visit one day and I noticed that my hand was shaking as I was setting a plate down beside her. I got really self conscious about it because that was the first time I noticed it.

My son pointed it out to me just two days ago - again I was carrying a plate in my hand. I didn't even notice it. I do have alot of trouble with bearing any weight on my arms especially if I don't tuck it in close to my body.

Katy, I think that mine may be related to fatigue as well.

AllAboutPeace, haha then you need to suggest XMen Origins to the hubby ;). Good news is its an action movie so he should be happy too hehehe.

I actually gave up caffeine altogether for about about a year and a half and now I rarely have it...sometimes I slip up and fall off the wagon so to speak. I have a writers group that meets at the local Starbucks and sometimes it is just too tempting!!! Of course, I typically regret the afteraffects of it! But then again, I never learn :( lol. Linj I definitely envy you for your willpower! :)

ChristyD, I think the times I notice my hands the most is if I am trying to do something that requires very fine motor skills & it sounds like it might be the same for your son. Also, playing video games probably fatigues the muscles in his hands... I used to like to play Guitar Hero with my friends but it is really difficult to get my hands to cooperate like they used to.

AAPeace, I completely commiserate with feeling self conscious about it. For awhile I was going to get my nails done with acrylics (because ever since all this started my nails have had weird horizontal ridges in them) but it would be hard sometimes because when i would try to hold my hands out with fingers straight they would shake a lot & i didnt know how to explain to the nail tech why they were shaking. Also, like you said, if I am carrying something where my hands are having to bear any kind of weight. And even if they're not shaking, they feel as though they are going to jerk suddenly, even though they don't. (I'm not really sure if that makes sense, but it's the only way I can think to describe it.). Like I feel like their out of control even though they aren't?

Thank you everyone for all the helpful feedback! I just keep hoping this particular symptom might be one that will go away someday!