Lexapro Question

Guys, I was diagnosed with clinical depression about a month ago, I have been on lexapro, it has helped so much with my depression and my horrible headaches...but....I'm so lightheaded, especially at night, did any of you have this issue as well? I was wondering what helped for you? Thanks!

I haven't taken lexapro in years but it did help with some of my dysautonomia symptoms when i would have bad flare ups. At first, I would experience side effects of the medication and my doctor told me to take it at night instead of the morning and this seemed to help some. You might want to ask your doctor if it would help you to change the time you're taking it especially if you get light headed at night. Only a suggestion but it could help.

I was on lexapro for a year And it helped my symptoms but it made me feel worn down. I'm young and should have energy and I didn't. I tried to quit and jut take Wellbutrin and I became a living nightmare, I couldn't even stand myself. Now I'm taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft and I feel much better!

I was put on Lexapro for anxiety (which we now know was actually POTS). I realized after being on it for about 6 months that it was actually brining on "dizzy spells" (that's how I described it to the doc back then...now I would say it was "making my POTS worse".) I switched to Paxil and had the same results. I stopped trying this class of meds because I felt worse on them than off. However, my situation is a little different than yours in that it turns out I was not experincing true anxiety or depression.

I do/did have clinical depression that was dx'ed back in my teens and continued into college. I was successfully treated with a short cousre of Prozac and a great counselor that worked with me to find alternative methods to medication that allowed me to recognize flare ups and manage them successfully before I got to a point when I felt like I needed to go back on a med. I am not against meds for this, but, if you end up having a hard time finding a med you can tolerate, keep in mind that things like meditation, exercise, art therapy, group/individual counseling are also available. From my experience, the best thing I ever did was find a counselor that was compatible with me and who was willing to try a variety of treatments until we found a useful (and do-able) combination for me. I haven't had a flare up since my mid-twenties (now 37).

Good luck and happier days ahead, :)

Katie