For Those That Feel Better After Exercise....

roxie

Do you feel better immediately after??

For me, I have to rest. I feel like I'm about to drop. My muscles feel soo weak. But an hour or two after doing nothing I feel somewhat better for exercising but if I push too hard I feel worse for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else have that problem, I've been doing this for 3 months & still feel this deep muscle weakness & pain? 

Not always...Sometimes I'm very lethargic, and I don't feel like doing much at all, but I'm always glad when I do go, because I believe it helps with the pooling, and always helps me to sleep better. I only go twice a week to do the elliptical for about 40 minutes, (started on the stationary bike) I know I should go three, but I also walk my dog short distances, about 15 minutes a day. If it's not a good day at all, I stay at home. If I push myself too much, I suffer the consequences, but there is a balance, too. No exercise is even worse, so I try to listen to my body, and play it by ear (no pun intended), since I can be dizzy, too :) . I seem to think that the more exercise you do, the stronger your muscles become, and then you are eventually able to do more activities, as well. Just do the best you can...it is good to get some exercise; keep it going. It's great you've done well for persevering for 3 months. Keep up the good work!! :D

Bananas, i feel TERRIBLE doing exercise and WORSE afterwards. It seems to take about 2 hours of recovery and then things head down hill quickly. However, i notice that my day to day symptoms between exercising are improving.

i just started going to the gym (well only been 2 times) even though goodman told me to exercise over a year ago. Now that my thyroid is better and i have been building up my immune system i feel ready to tackle the gym.

I too notice that after exercise I am sooo calm and at peace, its was such an odd feeling for me! It is kind of addicting.

Doing recumbent bike and weight machines, and try not to exercise more than 20-25 minutes, because I don't want to overdo it. I get more tired that day, but the next day I do have more energy.

When I first started I felt worse after exercising. I was also slightly overweight so that didn't help. Now I feel immediately better almost instantly from when I slow down I feel much more clear in my head. The tension headache and lightheadedness are relieved and after about 10 mins ill get the full fledged endorphin rush which makes me do all sorts of crazy things.

Sometimes I feel better immediately after but then have a big onset of symptoms within an hour or two and am wiped out for days. A lot of the time I have to go lie down for a couple hours after I exercise. For the past 5 weeks I've been walking (now up to 2miles in under 30 minutes every day). The doc has been tweaking my meds though so don't know if I'm feeling worse because of that or because of the exercise.

When I tried to lift weights last year (under supervision of a trainer), I went M-W-F and by the end of 2 months I was tolerating LESS weight and fewer reps than when I started, Was also having a lot more symptoms.

On bad days exercise really makes me feel worse while I'm doing it but I feel a bit better afterward. On good days (like today :) ) I feel awesome during and even better after. I did over do it a few times and I was wiped out for a day but I'm learning how much is just right.

I'm glad you posted this because I have been wondering what everyone else experiences. I am only able to do 10 mins on the recumbant bike right now and I have to go right to the couch or the floor to lay down for at least an hour afterwards. I feel so dizzy that I can't lift my head up. Once the hour is over, I can get up but am usually pretty tired for the rest of the day.

My understanding from what I've read is that improvement seems to be all about getting within specific heart rate ranges and adjusting as you progress (???). I look forward to the day that exercising feels good again :)

For me I usually feel great WHILE im exercising and then crash later. the length of the later crash starts being teh rest of the day and then gradually improves to the point where its only part of the day, then half an hour. Main things to watch are not exercising too late in the evening because that makes my fatigue worse, but not too early in the day as to bring on POTS kinda thing.

Over time I feel gradually improvements. I think starting slow rather than hardcore is the key.

I too notice that after exercise I am sooo calm and at peace, its was such an odd feeling for me! It is kind of addicting.

Exercise is a cure all. It releases oxytocin which is euphoria inducing and pain relieving. It is literally addictive. My doc told me that it works just as well as ssri's for depression. Amazing!

Banana's - thanks that really helpful. Have just started and feeling fine afterwards but still only doing 3-5 mins twice a day on a low seated bike.

My Pots doc had told me just to rest but after 15 months of rest and still not better i feel it is the very best thing i have done.

That's a good place to start and increase it as you can!

My old dr told me to rest & wait till I feel better. I NEVER felt better.

I have a new dr now & he says laying around all the time is one of the worst things you can do, that's when deconditioning can take over. Now we are trying to undue that.

Now because of just resting all the time Im feeling super guilty but I didn't know.